Fascias and guttering

Hi all, The wooden fascias on our terraced house are looking a bit worse for wear and a coat of paint won`t sort them! I know there are two options for sorting them: Strip them off completely and replace with UPVC fascia, or just cover them with UPVC fascia. As the wood looks to be in pretty bad condition I`m more inclined towards a total stripdown. Now then, does anyone have an idea what sort of cost we are looking at? I`d prefer to get someone in to do at as I`m assuming some roof tiles will need to be removed and new flashing fitted(?), this is way beyond my abilities. There is approx 25m in total length of fascia and horizontal guttering and

20m total length of gutter down pipe.

I`d gratefully appreciate any advice or approx costs on the work to be done. Cheers, Kev

Reply to
Kevin Duggan

My father in law has recently had his gutters and fascias done. His house is a bungalow with a total of about 20 metres of fascia/gutter. He had seamless aluminium gutters and uPVC capping over the existing wooden fascias. Including 2 downpipes (which are probably shorter than yours) the cost for this part was £388 + VAT.

You would need to scale this up a bit, and also to allow for additional access costs if yours is a 2 storey house rather than a bungalow.

Unless your fascias are very rotten, it will probably be sufficient just to replace the worst bits, rather than all of it - it all gets covered up anyway!

Reply to
Set Square