Mitered Gutter joints

Awl--

Had new alum gutters installed. I thought internal/external corners were sold as approx. one foot "ells", and spliced on to a square-cut length of gutter. But, in my installation, the gutters themselves were mitered, and fastened together w/ a mitered strip of some sort.

Is this standard procedure? Any advantages/disadvantes over the stock internal/external ells? TIA.

-- Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY Ever-preparing for The Grand Insertion Party Nominee, IPPVM Independent Party of the Proctologically Violated®© (M)asses "That's proly not a hemorrhoid you're feeling.... " entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net; remove pi and e to reply--ie, all d'numbuhs

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

It's standard. Properly installed, mitered corners are less leak-prone (fewer seams) than the box corners.

Reply to
Ermalina_Marie