Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommend a Toilet Seat please !
I would avoid the very cheapest (flexible) seats, because they feel nasty. I've had several of the cheaper solid wood seats from Wickes, etc, without having this problem with screws but yours may well...
10
10

Bloke who keeps shocking himself
That's the guy. Thank you.
4
4

Heat shrink caps.
That was just one example seller Just search for heat shrink caps You may not like the prices. 15mm @ 60p each
19
19

Bathroom illuminated mirror problem
I have an illuminated bathroom mirror which has two unsilvered vertical strips with 15w T8 fluorescent tubes behind them. The tubes are powered via a single 2-way electronic ballast. The lights have...
23
23

Ring Video doorbell
I wonder if their free-replacement-if-stolen guarantee applies to this one:...
8
8

LG Smart TV - anyone having problems with the Catchup?
Just bought a new Smart LG TV and Catchup is iffy. Iffy in that it keeps disappearing from the channel Guide. A bit of research seems to suggest the problem seems to be quite a common one on LG Smart...
6
6

Re: Politics Is Destroying Civil Society?But Gr atitude Can Save Us
Its actually people like you.
1
1

Central heating timer changing itself?
Possibly a silly question, but hopefully not. Mum and Dad's CH timer occasionally (perhaps once every few weeks) changes from coming on twice (morning and evening) to once (i.e. all day). Mum and I...
8
8

New hammer drill.
My mains powered hammer drill is giving up the ghost (major sparking when on and horrible noises when in reverse. So I have decided it is time for a new one (the old one owes me nothing as I have had...
14
14

Quooker solenoid coil replacement?
Okay, I've isolated the problem to a burnt out solenoid coil (which is removable) I doubt these are custom made for Quooker but I'm struggling to find a replacement online. Quooker want £95 quid for...
28
28

Draft-proofing Sash Windows
Any recommendations to draft-proof some fairly recent double glazed sash windows? The gaps are very small - less than a mm I'd say - but a fair breeze manages to find its way through. Gapseal <>seems...
17
17

Aerial installation rip offs
Channel Five had an excellent programme tonight, 'House Trap', fronted by Esther Rantzen. It exposed the truly astonishing over-charging by a national TV aerial firm. Most victims were vulnerable...
44
44

Lidl deals - any point getting out of bed?
Lidl are doing a 43 inch smart TV for £199 tomorrow. Is there any point rocking up at 8am and hoping to get one? Or will they have 2 per store which will be bought by staff?
48
48

EICR , smoke alarms and rented flats
OK so not DIY but some here do find such info interesting. I am doing an EICR on a block of 38 rented flats all owned by the same company. One and two bed flats with just a single mains powered smoke...
121
121

Faulty Quooker
A friend has one of these fancy Quookers that provides hot, cold and boiling water all from one tap. The other day something tripped a MCB in the fuse box and when she reset it she realised that her...
35
35