Subject Author Posted Replies

SWA cable cleats, how are they supposed to be used?
This may seem rather a silly question but looking at the 'SWA cable cleats' supplied by Screwfix and others I'm not really sure how they are supposed to be used. Do you really fix an SWA cable onto a...
7
7

Plastic repair
Fridge door plastic liner has 2 little moulded in rectangular blocks that support the milk shelf. One has sheared off, leaving a flat surface with foam exposed. The plastic is very thin, I'm surprised...
17
17

I don't like Hermes
I don't like Hermes (but I like DPD). I was waiting for a parcel when I started receiving contradictory emails from Hermes. One said the delivery would take place in a certain timeslot. One said it...
20
20

Maximum multi gang plug available
Hi all Our TV is mounted on a fake wall with a cupboard behind. We have loads of devices under the TV which is currently powered off a few 4 gang extension leads. I was hoping to tidy this lot up by...
31
31

OT Things to do in London
Forgetting the usual big visitor attractions what have you visited that is worthwhile?
115
115

four fecking wheely bins.....
Just had the food and garden waste bin not collected again today due to passers bye horsing in their coffee cups etc ....as the bin has to lie out front all day waiting for collection is there any way...
16
16

The WorldÂ’s Biggest Brands Want You to Refill Your Orange Juice and Deodorant
The World?s Biggest Brands Want You to Refill Your Orange Juice and Deodorant P&G, Nestlé and others try to curb plastic waste; Tropicana in glass bottles, Tide in metal cans By Saabira Chaudhuri,...

Wall wart question
I'm looking for the wall wart for an exercise bike in my bin of such things. It needs 9v 0.5A and i've found one that's 9.6v 0.6A which (accepting there's no danger of ever finding the original) is...
9
9

Peculiar Lock Nut
I am just in the process of repairing a fold down bollard which a delivery driver flattened for me. The plank walked past it twice and it is bright yellow but he then promptly reversed over and hooked...
19
19

Wall vs floor tiles
All depends on the tile. The standard thin wall tiles are not very strong in bending, but I'd expect them to be OK in that sort of application. Doesn't the washing machine have adustable feet, though?...
12
12

Hole in joist
Interesting. One of ours has been badly chewed by a squirrel that I ignored for too long. I shall try to somehow check it against that. http://snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net
24
24

Source of Shower Trays
Looking for a 700mm wide by 1200mm long (length not critcal) but I really want a waste that is in the centre of the 700mm end. Any suggestions for a source? If the waste is on the long side then it...
8
8

What to do about that crack at the side of the stairs.
When decorating I'm often asked if there is anything that I can do to stop the crack between the stairs stringer and the wall from re-appearing. I've always said not really, I'll rake it and fill it...
20
20

rcbo neutral and earth tails
I've just finished tidying up the CU so there is space to fit RCBOs in place of MCBs, and it looks quite neat. But then there is a pile of blue and white spaghetti from the few RCBOs that I have...
20
20

making use of Garage loft space.....
Hello all, I have a "semi-detached" garage that is attached to the residence if that makes sense. Its of typical 2.5m by 5.0m long dimensions. It has 5 Fink trusses on it with a stonewold tiled roof....
10
10