Subject Author Posted Replies

Halving water bills with large butts?
Hi All, I have heard it suggested that if you get four monster water holders and divert rainwater into them (and do nothing else), then your water co will let you off your sewerage charges. A quick...
15
15

Unusual DIY tips

Wolves return to Netherlands after 140 years
Wolves return to Netherlands after 140 years By Anne-Marie Bullock, 9 April 2019 The Netherlands has its first resident wolf population in 140 years, according to ecologists. Wolves were hunted out of...
2
2

Another problem solved (Messages)
My Messages app was continuing to show 'Sending' after message had been sent. It turns out the problem was with date and time settings. When I unclicked 'Automatic time zone' the problem seemed to...
1
1

powder flush any good? (not power flush)
Anyone know if powder flush is any good? (as opposed to power flush). Not much discussion about it on the various forums..
13
13

Land Rover discovery 2 td5 three amigos
my 2003 td5 discovery 2 has developed the three amigos problem.  I've been through the various chief culprits as expounded on you tube and landy groups i.e. wheel sensors, shuttle valve switch,...
7
7

Bosch garden shredder
My Bosch garden shredder is 2.5 years old (6 months out of guarantee),very little use and it's packed in. It's one of the spinning, bladed wheel jobs. The "on" switch is connected to a safety switch...
13
13

OT: Bizarre gas meter positioning
On a B road near us there?s a stretch of road which has two gas meters mounted on the verge across the road from the properties they supply. Oddly, between the two properties with these oddly placed...
12
12

Electronics funny.
Three way speaker driven by three power amplifiers all balanced input. Crossover Behringer CX3400 analogue type which sounded not bad at all. Wanting to experiment further, got a Behringer DCX2496...
76
76

OT: ish M50 Eu Toll Euro Parking Collection
Anyone dealt with EPC? Got a letter from them £40 odd quid for a 3 Euro toll. Unchuffed to say the least! AB The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian...
6
6

Hairline crack
What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the overskim of a plasterbaord covered wall. Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will penetrate and fill it (Creeping Crack...
31
31

Spare tyres and maximum speed limits
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it. So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The...
112
112

Wooden fence repair issue
Some ten years ago i lashed out on wooden fence. Although the upright panes have weather well (something like a cedar wood i guess) the horizontal rails (25 x 40 mm cross section ) are completely...
8
8

Belgium CH Boilers
A slightly frivolous question. I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which has always perplexed me is...
13
13

OT: Garden/Wildlife/Time lapse cameras
As per subject. I am looking to buy one of those external cameras that can be set up near a bird feeder, or used in timelapse or movement mode to monitor movements around the outside of the house....
9
9