OT: ish M50 Eu Toll Euro Parking Collection

Anyone dealt with EPC?

Got a letter from them £40 odd quid for a 3 Euro toll.

Unchuffed to say the least!

AB The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

~Babylonian Proverb

Reply to
Archibald Blenkinsopp

you should have paid the 3 Euro toll, shouldn't you

40 quid collection cost is cheap by the standards of UK bailiffs

tim

Reply to
tim...

M50 toll is like the Dartford crossing. Difficult to remember to pay after the event and I don't always have an Irish mobile to make payment with.

They never sent the bill, just a none payment notice.

Looking at the website it is up to the person getting billed to prove they had not received the bill. Not really possible methinks.

£40-00 is a disgusting rip off. For sending a letter?

It cannot be legal. I will see about contesting if it comes to court I think.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Assuming of course its genuine. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Did you pay it? If you did tell them to take their 40 quid and stuff it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

that's how it works

you "pay on the day" or you suffer non-payment "fines"

Look at the Dartford crossing and see if they treat you any different. (Hint, they don't)

Courts have previously ruled that collection costs of this order of magnitude are perfectly legal. And that's for same country collection. For cross border collection it's even more acceptable.

FWIW, when I was in the area I deliberately avoided using this bit of road as I didn't want the aggro of finding out how to pay the toll

tim

Reply to
tim...

and how do you think a scam operator is going to discover:

a) that car reg ABC1234 used the toll road at the stated time b) that they didn't pay using the formal method of payment

tim

Reply to
tim...