powder flush any good? (not power flush)

Sounds like a topy

Reply to
Jim K..

It's a trademark apparently, registered to this outfit.

Putting solids into the system seems contra-intuative to me, but WTF do I know?

Reply to
Graham.

Anyone know if powder flush is any good? (as opposed to power flush). Not much discussion about it on the various forums..

Reply to
noos999

'Powder flush'? Is that a mechanical earth closet?

Reply to
Max Demian

tabbypurr

"...small amounts of a mixture of peat, dry earth and ashes were used to cover the excreta, removing any smells almost immediately."

(Yeah, right)

Reply to
Max Demian

works for cats (minus the ash).

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You cover a cat in peat and dry earth, and it doesn't smell?

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Not if its deep enough.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

that works at end of life.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

same way a dishwasher works. A combination of detergent, alkali & low pressure grit blasting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Manufacturers seem paranoid about filtering out solids before they reach a modern boiler.

Reply to
alan_m

They need a proof reader and a spell checker. Powder Flush T was designed to clean hardened sludge out of central heating systems, there are many instances where normal power flushing flails to clean enough of the sludge out of the system, for it to work correctly. Many older systems or systems containing plastic pipes do NOT get cleaned well enough by standard power flushing and a lot of the time, plumbers recommend replacing the whole system. With us, replacement is no longer necessary! Powder Flush was designed for the shortcomings that normal power flushing has. Dissolvable pellets (of different sizes) gets added to the central heating water while flushing the system. This acts as a mild abrasive that harder than any sludge but softer than the metals, plastics or rubbers in the system and does NOT cause any increase in risk of leaks, when compared to normal power flushing. It will not scratch or damage any part of the system. Powder Flush can recondition pipework to almost new. Normal power flushing can only clean loose sludge with fast flowing water and chemicals and is NOT very good at loosening up or removing hard build-ups of sludge. Our custom built Powder Flush machines are up tp 300% more powerful than any other commercially available, power flush machine and we guarantee to clear any sludge blockage, no matter how bad your system is. I'm a little dubious on this one. I do not believe in any miracle cures. I have a friend with terrible noises in the pipes and strange random faults since a new boiler was fitteed despite two power flushes. I suspect that this stuff might make things worse! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

*I* dunno, but they say:

"Can you cause a block in my system? "Blocking a system is impossible as all the abrasive will dissolve within 30 min, regardless. Once it has turned from a solid into a liquid, it will not turn back into a solid, you could leave it in a system indefinitely and the system would work just fine."

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer