Subject Author Posted Replies

Hinges
Looking for a particular type of hinge, but frustrated because I don't know the proper name. For a lifting flap, but the pivot needs to be half inch or so above the flap surface, if that makes sense....
28
28

Outlook 97 issue
My outbox is completely empty, but when I click send/receive, or it does an automatic one, it complains that it is unable to send 4 of 4 emails. It seems to be trying to send via Tiscali's (talktalk)...
11
11

Where would I ask?
... about video editing software? I'm new to it, and results searching the google-duck are beyond hopeless. Yahoo is saner but hasn't got me anywhere useful. I've tried kdenlive. The interface simply...
34
34

Scum that need someone to beat the sh!t out of them
Weʼre raising money to Help Market Deeping Model Railway Club recover from vandalism. Support this JustGiving Crowdfunding Page. Four youths are arrested and the club in Lincolnshire says a...
4
4

batteries
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....
7
7

Ownership of kitchen and DIY store by Travis Perkins - where to buy kitchen?
I started out to buy a couple or three kitchen units to use in a home office. Firstly, we went to Wickes for a looks see. They were akin to a chocolate fire guard with useful information, but we came...
5
5

Brake fluid in power steering?
My 2002 Renault Scenic has on the power steering cap "use DOT 4 brake fluid" so I did, then realised it was not the brake reservoir! Should I be concerned? It was just a small topup. Does it have the...
48
48

Bastards
Van done over again. This time is the hand tools inc drill bits that are gone. Just spent £600 and still only seem to have half of what I need. The drill bits were expensive.
77
77

TomTom problem
My TomTom has lost its postcode file. General advice is to find a replacement file and copy it into the root directory. Is there any need for all this? Could I just do a factory reset and set it up...
3
3

Boiler Issue
I have an 8 year old Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 oil-fired boiler which has been misbehaving lately. Whereas previously the pressure gauge only moved over a very limited range during the...
10
10

Drill charger diagnostics
I have an old B&D cordless drill; the batteries don't charge. Either the batteries or the charger are faulty. I've opened up the charger. At the input of the transformer, I measure 240V. At the...
37
37

Shower Valve
since living in the current house we have had a Mira 415 Pressure Balancing shower. It works fine - no temp fluctuation due to someone flushing a toilet. As part of our refurb I am looking at...

Mortise lock question
I needed to replace the mortise lock on a wooden patio door, so I bought another ERA brand one online hoping it'd fit without much adjustment. The lock fits just fine but the issue is the plate that...
8
8

Freezer door left open alarm
Working fine. This one - was confused about the range of the settings for these things, because none of them suggested that their alarm systems were capable of being set to negative/ below zero...
9
9

OT: electric cars (one for Brian?)
I believe rules are to be introduced for electric cars to be fitted with sound generators so pedestrians can hear them coming. I believe this has been the subject of a campaign. Yesterday I was...
63
63