batteries

anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....
Eh? No that would be silly. Brian
--
----- --
On 19/05/2019 16:27, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:

Logically it would be from part way up (unless completely discharged) to top.
--
Max Demian

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 16:27:12 UTC+1, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top. And "bottoms up" which usually means drink up, which could be drink "down the hatch" as that's the dirction it travels in due to gravity.
On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

I think there are two drinks there:- Lager shandy - approx 50:50 larger:lemonade Lager top - nearly a full pint of lager with a (customer defined) splash of lemonade.
When I were a lad, and before I discover real ale, larger and lime (just a splash of line cordial) used to be popular but I don't recall seeing that being served for in a long time in a pub.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 07:00:42 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:

Yes I remmeber that, I tried it but never really liked it, my favourite was snakebite and black or a hairy chest (PiLs lager, vodka and blackcurrent). I had a week or so of liking what I was told was called black & tan which was guiness and cider.

Would this be in a scientific or idiomatic context?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%