TomTom problem

My TomTom has lost its postcode file. General advice is to find a replacement file and copy it into the root directory. Is there any need for all this? Could I just do a factory reset and set it up again using MyDrive? Would I could lose my saved locations or are they stored in MyDrive?

No need to comment that I would be better off using my mobile phone as I am aware this view is held by many :-)

Reply to
Scott

First place to look is in the backup file on your PC. However TomTom only keeps one backup, then over writes.

Possibly best way in future is to back up your TomTom as a USB drive to your PC before using their software, then you have a history of backups should you find something missing or corrupts some time later.

If you back it up manually in this way you might be able to recover your POIs etc after an initialise back to factory.

Then again I use TomTom Home.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Thanks, but introducing it to MyDrive Connect and updating seems to have solved the problem.

Reply to
Scott

Bizarrely, next day the postcode file seemed to have disappeared again (no postcode search) then next time I turned it on, it was back !!!

Reply to
Scott