Subject Author Posted Replies

Dishwasher leak and questions
Hi All, I have an annoying leak from my dishwasher. I can see the dripping but can't find the source of the leak. I have taken some photos to try and explain what I have determined so far. photo 2 you...
11
11

Re-using bricks
Any good tips for separating reclaimed bricks from their attached mortar? The high winds earlier in the year pushed over a tall "hedge" of climbing evergreens on a free standing trellis at the edge of...
14
14

This may interest those who follow UK electricity generation
Despite going a record 18 consecutive days without coal in 2019, the GB electricity market is not yet ready to go without the fuel altogether.
3
3

Impossible Delivery(?)
On 7/4 I ordered a tap from Plumbworld for delivery the following day. e-mail said that it would be on 8th., then another saying delay due to you-know-what. e-mail on 10th. saying that it would be...
4
4

OT (very): Raging toothache but no dentist
Just a moan into the ether: raging toothache for several days, pain killers makes little difference, no dental treatment available until further notice :-( Apparently it's the same all over the...
95
95

3 phase variable frequency drive cutting out
Hello all. A new-to-me lathe has an Allen Bradley Powerflex 40 variable frequency drive to deliver power to the motor. It eats 1 phase 240v mains and produces 3 phase 240v to the motor, with frequency...
6
6

Question: Should young people have to endure more and more crowded conditions,...
Question: Should young people have to endure more and more crowded conditions, as population expands to 8 then 9 then 10 then 11 billion, as the U.N. projects? Answer: Absolutely not! There's no...
12
12

Ping Jim: Network Radio
Did you by one or do you just use a computer? If you bought one, which one?
15
15

Question about ST100T fan adjustments
I'm installing a "Silent Tornado ST100T" extractor fan. The PCB has two adjustments, one marked "on" and one marked "off". Presumably the "off" adjustment is to set the run-on time, but what's the...
4
4

Help to copy files please
I wish to copy files from DVDs to my computer. Sadly they are labelled trck1 etc on the discs, so I cannot copy more than one. Is there away around this apart from laboriously rebelling each...
21
21

Work top edging glue recommendations please
I need to stick a couple of worktop edges on, simple I thought, but neither of my contact adhesives seem to work well. I'm sure I *used* to use contact adhesive for this but it really doesn't seem so...
5
5

B & Queue
"more than an hour" Anyone waited in the virtual queue for B&Q click and collect? How long?
7
7

Cutting laminate worktop
I can't remember what I used last time to cut a worktop. Pretty sure at the advice of the local DIY gaff I used a jigsaw and guide and it went well. I have a circular saw too, is there a suitable...
19
19

4 days off work
Not even a call out yet. I usually get at least one although TBH I did have to call out the hospitals electrician on Friday (I get Monday and Tuesday off at Easter).
7
7

OT ...Scottish food boxes...
Wife's cousin just got her two Scottish food boxes after applying for them about a week ago because they have nobody to shop for them...will post a picture when she opens them.....
10
10