Ping Jim: Network Radio

Did you by one or do you just use a computer?

If you bought one, which one?

Reply to
Brian Reay

DON'T I had this which was a nice form factor but soon became super bored with it all....

you can't just even just use it out the box there is some ferking about to do with it first....

DON'T PAY MORE THAN £180 SOLD IT FOR £150 AND IT WAS THE HARDEST THING TO SELL EVER...

USING £20 CELLPHONES NOW IN BOTH CARS with jabra bluetooth speakers BUT I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO LISTEN TO IT....

don't do it don't waste money....just use a cellphone or your computer or tablet....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Sounds like Reay is getting bored with the facilities of the Nest, what with posting one message per hour, day and night, since lockdown began[1], sitting in his garden counting contrails, baking bread and then having to eat it, and keeping his monument of a caravan from decaying during its lay-off from European booze-cruises.

[1] At the time of writing, 532 messages to ukra, ukdiy, and ulm, in a very similar number of hours.
Reply to
Spike

one must do what one is best at .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I notice you posted over 400 messages yesterday, Monday. Must be the boredom staying indoors. Perhaps a trip ontop the roof is called for. :)

Reply to
Pamela

You will be inventing brothers next.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Huh? I must have missed that.

Reply to
Pamela

He doesn't like my mentioning my brother, as in this recent posting in reply to him:

I've lived 22 years longer than my corporate-lunching, fine-dining, fast-car driving, Cessna-owning, private-pilot, classic-motorcycle collecting, massive-house living freemason brother, who sounds much like you but who was rather better off and very well connected. You could fit Falcon's Nest into his orchard.

He had a head-in-sand approach to diet, much like you when you used to boast of barbecued steaks washed down with bottles of Calafornia wine followed by shots of Bushmills. Then there's the German sausage or French cheese. He died, well before his time, of cardiovascular issues brought on by an inappropriate diet.

See any parallels yet to your own situation?

But the issue is that I took a different approach to diet. My diet was much different to his, and to yours.

Reply to
Spike

Presumably your live-fast-die-young brother knew he was exchanging longevity with his high life. In retrospect do you think he made the right choice?

Reply to
Pamela

Yes, he did. He'd discussed the issue with his doctor some decades previously and made that conscious choice.

He made his choice, but I suspect his widow and children took a different view once he'd gone, if not before.

But the point of this is that Reay seems to have gone down the same path, right up to the point of his having a stroke. After that he apparently changed sides and now advocates what he claims is a healthy diet, although I wouldn't touch large parts of it with a barge-pole. But he doesn't like being reminded of the consequences of making the choice that he did, or the fact that he's been out-performed by someone in a similar situation. That's why he keeps up the pretence that I never did have a brother, and I made this all up. It's merely a demonstration of the power of denial.

Reply to
Spike

I didn't realise Brian had a stroke. Perhaps it has left behind subtle effects on his personality, judgement and memory recall.

Reply to
Pamela

Nothing subtle about it.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

There's nothing very subtle about you adding uk.d-i-y when you replied to a thread that had, until then, been contained to uk.radio.amateur.

You join Stephen Cole in that respect.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?

Reply to
Pamela

They should check the laws on Hate Crime.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Indeed. It is because for the both of them, although they have grown up enough to be wearing long trousers, their minds are still wearing nappies.

Reply to
Gareth Evans

and you should check the laws on making up lies about people...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...