Subject Author Posted Replies

Follow up question from the EV charging thread.... this time to do with earthing to outbuildings
I watched the YouTube video by John Ward about EV chargers and earthing. I saw a 2nd video by the same person in connection with earthing of outbuildings. See I happen to have a 3 core 10mm2 SWA run...
12
12

more car trouble
There is an old joke. Man goes into car parts shop next to car dealers. I want windscreen wipers for my car, he says. Man says, Seems like a fair swap. Brian
24
24

Mercury Regatta mobility scooter?
A mate is selling his wife's (she passed away recently) Mercury Regatta mobility scooter and I'm considering it for my Mum (90). She did ride Dads lightweight / take-down trike but when coming to a...
40
40

OT: Weather radar...
...from space, apaerantly. A spokesman for the Met Office says there are likely to be "thousands" of insects within the cloud spotted above England's coast.
13
13

What is it called? (An Anti-convection Air Tube?)
I am thinking about constructing a tube to suck hot air from near the ceiling of a high-ceiling room and reintroduce it and mix it with the colder air at floor level. I have seen these things at work...
29
29

DIY domestic electric vehicle charging point?
Doable? Worth doing? In Scotland I see that there are grants available for professional installations (which seem to be around the £1000 mark). Are there significant savings to be had by DIYing it...
24
24

Clearance needed
I know someone, not currently accessible, who has a tall fridge/freezer and a short freezer. The first is at least 12 years old, privately imported f rom a europlug country. The second is recently...
9
9

Modifying/improving a Erde 102 trailer.
I have a 3ft by 4ft trailer, like this one: The rear panel drops down and is unhookable and hence removable from its hinges. The remaining 3 sides are fixed. They are bolted to the base of the box. I...
8
8

where does this come from?
someone, who is self possessed.
6
6

strange hot water
just down at the static van and I thought I would take a bath rather than a shower.....anyway water at the sink is scalding ....shower with the mixer up the right way up now is working well...the whb...
14
14

Time lagged by a car journey?
Barnsley to Watford. It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.
5
5

OT: Car crash tests are pointless
Why don't car crash tests take account of braking ability? Not crashing at all is better than doing well in a crash.
30
30

Splashdown
NASA.gov brings you the latest images, videos and news from America's space agency. Get the latest updates on NASA missions, watch NASA TV live, and learn about our quest to reveal the unknown and...
9
9

Wow, expensive lighting!
Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months to get it! Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them! The THIN Primaries Hexagon brings a stunning geometric shape...
37
37

OT: Birdsong ID
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?
18
18