more car trouble

If it's not one thing it is another just came off the M77 onto the M8 and the wipers just stopped !...torrential rain....on a bit of the motorway with no hard shoulder...smart motorway I think the call it well I call it STUPID and deadly...so I kept going and got home with them not working...so another trip to the scrappy required.....I can hear the motor so probably one of the linkage ball in nylon sockets failed.....110,0000 miles so I suppose this is to be expected.....mutter mutter

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Old crocks should not be allowed on motorways, and nor should their vehicles :-)

What is rain ?. Can we have some in Sussex ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Yes we need some in Surrey too. The local water main has burst in five places, they are blaming it on the drying out of the clay under the road. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

On the Fiat Punto, the wiper linkage is just a push fit. It just drops off after a bit of wear that coincides with the end of the warranty.

I drilled a hole and added a washer and split pin. That was good for another 6-7 years, at which point the plastic gear lever linkage snapped inside the gearbox. So did my temper, and it went to the scrappy with only 60k miles on the clock.

Reply to
GB

There was time when garages went round and oiled or greased thinks like door striker plates and bonnet release catches etc when they serviced a car, but I don't think anyone bothers now, so the owner has to do it.

I once allowed my battery to go flat because the microswitch in the A pillar that detects door-open had gone sticky, so I didn't get the 'lights on' chirrup as I got out and locked it. A quick squirt with some comma spray grease and all was well.

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

you English and your shrinkable clays...none up here ...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

yes should be like that.....

oh dear....well that is Italian engineering for you,,,,,I had a cinquecento and the engine mount and the seat adjuster broke...won't ever buy another

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

I had a car once that had nylon bushes holding the wiper shafts through the bulkhead and having been sprayed with WD40 swelled up and jammed the shafts solid.

Reply to
Smolley

Get some nice veggies growing on the West Coast of Scotland though.

Reply to
Andrew

just been to the farm for a nice ten quid fruit and veg boxes .....

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

going for the blended box next time...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Is tik-tok the new uk-d-i-y ?.

Is this the typical attention span of one of Adams apprentices ?.

Reply to
Andrew

So called 'Smart Motorways' are the work of the devil.

Reply to
Michael Chare

what?

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

first saw the hard shoulder being used as a lane on 93 in Boston in

1984.....was crazy then and crazy now....fine if there are no accidents or break downs...
Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

that BarnHill veg box faceache site is full of tik-tok videos

Reply to
Andrew

is it?... didn't watch any prefer to just go and get stuff...the guy is a headcase...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

It's not in the manufacturer's service sheet, but the garage (main dealer), where I go, offers it as an add on extra.

Reply to
charles

There is an old joke. Man goes into car parts shop next to car dealers. I want windscreen wipers for my car, he says. Man says, Seems like a fair swap. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)