more car trouble

If it's not one thing it is another just came off the M77 onto the M8
and the wipers just stopped !...torrential rain....on a bit of the
motorway with no hard shoulder...smart motorway I think the call it well
I call it STUPID and deadly...so I kept going and got home with them not
working...so another trip to the scrappy required.....I can hear the
motor so probably one of the linkage ball in nylon sockets
failed.....110,0000 miles so I suppose this is to be expected.....mutter
mutter
Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...
Old crocks should not be allowed on motorways, and nor should their vehicles :-)
What is rain ?. Can we have some in Sussex ?.
Reply to
Andrew
Yes we need some in Surrey too. The local water main has burst in five places, they are blaming it on the drying out of the clay under the road. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
On the Fiat Punto, the wiper linkage is just a push fit. It just drops off after a bit of wear that coincides with the end of the warranty.
I drilled a hole and added a washer and split pin. That was good for another 6-7 years, at which point the plastic gear lever linkage snapped inside the gearbox. So did my temper, and it went to the scrappy with only 60k miles on the clock.
Reply to
GB
There was time when garages went round and oiled or greased thinks like door striker plates and bonnet release catches etc when they serviced a car, but I don't think anyone bothers now, so the owner has to do it.
I once allowed my battery to go flat because the microswitch in the A pillar that detects door-open had gone sticky, so I didn't get the 'lights on' chirrup as I got out and locked it. A quick squirt with some comma spray grease and all was well.
Reply to
Andrew
I think they are right. Usually after the third break they will start thinking about dragging that blue platic stuff inside the existing ?cast-iron mains pipes.
Reply to
Andrew
yes should be like that.....
oh dear....well that is Italian engineering for you,,,,,I had a cinquecento and the engine mount and the seat adjuster broke...won't ever buy another
Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...
I had a car once that had nylon bushes holding the wiper shafts through the bulkhead and having been sprayed with WD40 swelled up and jammed the shafts solid.
Reply to
Smolley
Is tik-tok the new uk-d-i-y ?.
Is this the typical attention span of one of Adams apprentices ?.
Reply to
Andrew
first saw the hard shoulder being used as a lane on 93 in Boston in 1984.....was crazy then and crazy now....fine if there are no accidents or break downs...
Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...
In article ,
It's not in the manufacturer's service sheet, but the garage (main dealer), where I go, offers it as an add on extra.
Reply to
charles
There is an old joke. Man goes into car parts shop next to car dealers. I want windscreen wipers for my car, he says. Man says, Seems like a fair swap. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Site Timeline Threads