more car trouble

white lithium grease seems to be what most people use. any decent cycle shop should sell it.

Reply to
Andrew

ta

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

The only real warning they have here, is on temperature range of whatever you use for grease. Somebody tried vaseline for example! Which is no good on hot days.

The Black and Decker parts store (aka Dewalt), sold me some "urea based polyrex grease". Using that as a keyword, I can get a couple pages of grease products (PDF). There aren't too many listed as "multipurpose". The lithium thickened ones seem to go a bit lower on temperature, by a tiny bit. They are colored red here, but that might not be caused by the materials in the grease and could be a marker. I think there's also white lithium grease for example.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Red grease, in car terms, is special stuff for lubricating brake hydraulics. Doesn't attack the seals.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

found a big tube of lithium complex grease which is the same colour red as what was on it....wipers now going a charm......more money saved

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...