Subject Author Posted Replies

Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment
I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful. It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one. Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are...
12
12

PV solar
Comments please, from anyone who has had panels on the roof for a number of years. Pros and cons? Pitfalls? Economics? Bill
32
32

Outside heating
Hi All, I was wondering how folks heat a table and chairs area outside. I have a few fire oriented sources of heat but ideally of course everyone will be sat around it to benefit from the heat....
15
15

Building next to house wall
Hi All, I am building my brick/ block built BBQ "against" my outside house wall. I am trying to decide whether to leave a slight gap between the back wall of the BBQ and the house or not. It will self...
4
4

Remote management of rental garages
I'm looking at setting up a battery of 10 rental garages on a vacant site. The site has a solid stone wall perimeter with a single gateway. Problem it's 100 miles away and I want to find a system for...
27
27

JFK (1917-1963)
JFK (1917-1963) His father's business had kept him away from the family for long stretches of time, and his ventures were concentrated on Wall Street and Hollywood. In 1927, the Dexter School...

Messing about with a DIY TDR
This probably needs a better title (and possibly more or less detail depending on what you want from it!) / improvements etc? Finding damaged cables - DIYWiki
18
18

OT Female mechanics
- not one of them said "That's going to cost you":-) When two women started Spanners with Manners they did not expect a surge of women to apply for work.
106
106

Cost of travel to work - which car to use?
So Lou is saying it now costs her around £12.50 to work and back. 80 mile round trip if using the M1 and 72 mile round trip if using the A1. She uses whichever google maps says is fastest/no roads...
56
56

B&Q self service checkout
At the local branch of B&Q for the first time in several months the other day, I saw that self-service checkout equipment had been replaced and now does contactless.
15
15

Miele DA269-4cooker hood/extractor
Lights have failed on this ( yes all bulbs replaced with new.) Just the lights all else is operating normally. I've had a quick look and it doesn't appear to be a simple operation. Anyone with any...
3
3

OT: shipping goods from China
I read somewhere that due to a legacy agreement there is a special arrangement that provides cheap (possibly subsidised) postage from China to the UK. This appears to hand an unfair advantage to...
10
10

Question about energy cost (2023 Update)
I was listening to the radio about rising energy bills then I had my breakfast. This got me thinking. I have a combi boiler. I intend to turn the heating off for the summer. Without the heating, the...
97
97

Upholsterer wanted
50 years ago I bought 6 polypropylene shelled chairs on chrome cruciform bases as dining room chairs. An upholstery client padded and covered them for me in white faux leather. When it was time to...

Trend router cutter part number decode?
I've just wasted too many of whatever minutes remain to me trying to buy a C121GX1/4TC cutter for next day delivery at a reasonable cost, but being offered C121HX1/4TC and C121BX1/4TC. Is there a...
3
3