Subject Author Posted Replies

OT One for the teachers - and for GB
Next episode on Thursday 9pm. At 6 minutes in a teacher dishes out a bollocking. A student answers back for being caught smoking at 7 minutes!. And THAT is what I have to put up with at work (not the...
55
55

OT: Outlook - when does it download mail?
I just set up a new email account for our Parish Council Chairman on her computer, running I think Win7 and whatever version of Outlook that would be. Anyway it's the one with the horrible tab strip...
12
12

TradePoint Flash sale
Just to flag it up:- Trade Point have 10% of everything in store tomorrow only (Wednesday) mark
3
3

retired heating oil tank - disposal options?
retired heating oil tank - disposal options? fume risks vs method of deconstruction.... What options are there to cut it up to ease moving it and disposing of it? Are there regs to be aware of? TIA...
19
19

minton tiles
We have a minton tiled hallway - a diamond / triangle / rectangle pattern - and we have extended the hallway with a small lobby area near the new down stairs toilet. This area has a bare screed floor...
4
4

The true cost of wind...
Today as a more than usually stiff breeze covers the British isles, and wind power creeps up to 10% of demand, you can cry in your beer over the fact that today will cost you, the electricity...
397
397

clearbrite - "liquid glass"??
what's in clearbrite then? IFIHTB that it's "liquid glass".... Is it like Rain X? Jim K
3
3

Wash basin pop up plug
The plugs where you operate a lever on the wash basin and a linkage between the lever and the plug, causes it to pop up... I'm presently trying to fit one to a wash basin, where the wash basin is...
4
4

waste for triple sink?
Got a triple sink to change waste on (taking waste disposer out). Had a look about & can't immediately see on sf or ts a "triple" trap set -which leads of to believe there is probly a more usual way...
21
21

Wood Glue
Need to have a high strength wood glue for a external joinery - joining some 8x2 beams end to end ... with stopped scarfed dowelled joints. Originally was going to use my usual external adhesive...
45
45

WC or bidet?
Hi folks My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas...
6
6

New Freezer: Keeping freezing cold the longest in the meantime?
Swapping freezers tomorrow so contents will need to be put in cool bags/boxes (including Esky for those that have been to Australia). What can I shove in the freezer tonight that will keep the...
14
14

TPO
Anyone got any hands on experience with tree preservation orders? Our local council is selling land containing three trees which an independent arboriculturist has deemed worthy of TPO status....
18
18

First class sofabeds
You know how it is... your friend invites you to stay for the weekend and everything sounds great until they let slip the fatal word 'sofabed'. And then it doesn't seem so appealing any more. We've...
13
13

Quick reminder, test your heating
Getting to that point of the year where it would be handy to find all the broken bits before you really need em ;-)
13
13