Subject Author Posted Replies

Expanding PC memory
I retired my old PC the other day and replaced it with a spiffy new (to me) £140 refurbished machine with Windows 10. Have to say I’m really impressed with its speed compared to my clunky old one....
9
9

Replacement fabric for roller-blinds
I'd like to replace some roller-blinds that have become rather tatty. Only the fabric needs to be replaced. The question is: what's an appropriate kind of fabric? It needs to be able to hold itself...
16
16

Amount of ice (or freezer blocks) needed to cool a small room.
With all the advice floating around about ways to cope with extreme heat, I was idly wondering if freezing water in an external freezer (not internal because that just heats up the room) would serve...
21
21

My Window Exhaust Fan
Pic link -> is my rough reassembling of a Chinese poor quality floor standing fan with shockingly dodgy wiring made safe, that coupled with additional bungee straps bodged for motor vibration...
7
7

Inward opening windows ...
I have never seen these before until I wanted a sealing kit for a portable air con unit I acquired. Then, all of a sudden it seems that everywhere in the world has them. I'm old enough to know this...
24
24

rusty stainless steel self tapping screws
I bought some stainless steel self tapping screws off Amazon. M3 x 8mm Stainless Steel Cross pan Head Self Tapping Screws. Within a month they'd gone rusty . The stainless steel tube I tapped them...
25
25

OT: Now we're terrified of nice weather!
Our puppy was due to go to a training class tomorrow but it has been canceled in case the heat does everyone in. At 9am. NW England FFS, how hot can it possibly get? I might eat my words tomorrow but...
97
97

Extreme heat house damage?
What is possible? Melting "flat" roof felting? Sagging of lead flashing/flaunching? Sagging of polycarbonate conservatory sheeting?
59
59

Re: Japanese Toilets
Off-topic troll...

Re: Climate Change Bullshit
Off-topic troll...

Re: The Enemy Within
Off-topic troll...

Opening a locked uPVC door that won't
Hi All, In the flat we have a uPVC back door that up until the last 6 months has barely seen any action for nearly 20 years so the mechanism has had very little wear. All seemed fine except we've...
30
30

Giving a reference
Found this quoted in StackExchange, "It may be a myth, but a UK employer is alleged to have written, on a reference, 'If you get this person to work for you, you will be very lucky'"
3
3

External 6mm armoured cable
I need to run 6mm2 armoured cable to a Hot Tub install. Shortest route is across a lawn .... anybody know of a neat way to get to 450mm depth without a huge trench across the lawn. Are there narrow...
6
6

well?
will a PM of foreign origin favour their home country ? .....
11
11