Subject Author Posted Replies

Presumably not one of you...
Damage estimated at more than £109k is caused to railway ticket machines by a gang using angle grinders to steal money from train stations, BTP says.
17
17

OT: Smart TVs
My old sony CRT-based TV has finally died, so I need to move into the 21st century and get a flat screen TV. It seems that "smart TVs" are the thing now: a TV with an integrated set-top-box that gives...
135
135

Staining softwood hand rail
I want to stain a sanded "mop stick" softwood handrail a dark teak colour and finish with wax. Any recommendations for products to use plse? It seems some stains - Rustins for e.g. are incompatible...
1
1

OT appliance repair
Can anyone recommend a forum/group where I can get advice about repairing a ppliances? We have a Bosch condensing dryer that has developed a smell. I h ave cleaned out all the filters, coolers and...
8
8

Cherry picker, but pole, not platform!
I've tried Googling, but "cherry picker" only finds hits for the elevated platform style. What I want is a pole with a cutting device and a little sack underneath to catch the cherries, as they'll...
16
16

Variable speed DC fan temp control cct
Just on the off-chance someone may have done this before. My Comms cabinet get quite warm in summer, mainly from PSU and the ADSL modem & Ethernet switch. Maybe if I use a 3 lead variable speed DC...
24
24

RIP Alan B'Stard
From 1994. A BBC made special episode of The New Statesman where Alan is interviewed by they legendary Brian Walden. Enjoy.
39
39

Two dogs and leads
Older brother is nine, easy going and very laid back/obedient. Sister is well, very giddy, much more headstrong, half his size and still very much learning. Up to recently and when out, I have walked...
7
7

TOT Need help
Gents, I have the job of converting a mobile ice-cream machine in a van ;(my daugh ter's), the machine presently being driven by the van's engine, to also be able to run instead on 230v AC when in...
10
10

Hanging doors - tools to buy
I'm going to be replacing all the interior doors in a house over the next few months, any I'm wondering what tools this will give me an excuse to buy. I have general DIY experience, but have never...
33
33

Bog standard idea :-)
http://sfglobe.com/?id=929&src=share_fb_new_929 http://sfglobe.com/?id=929
6
6

span
what is the reccomended size joist for a 5 meter span
9
9

Garage door adjustment
Hi All, I have a double garage door which I believe is called a retractory type. E ssentially it has 2 coiled springs (one each side) and 2 runners at ceiling height for the door to run on. I am about...
17
17

Flex for vac.
Now that the warranty's ended on the Nilfisk vac I want to fit a longer flex. The original flex is only 4m, so I'm having to move the plug at least twice and also can't get far outside. The old...
21
21

Patio Sealer
Ran the pressure washer over the patio today. No idea how long it's been there but quite a while and it clearly hasn't ever been washed before. Pressure washing might have been a bit over-vigourous as...
2
2