Bog standard idea :-)

The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wrote in news:iZllv.177828 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx21.am:

Not a very good idea when the shit comes bubbling up into the cistern and under the lid and all over the floor.

Like plunginig a sink or basin, there is a need to block the air path via the over flow. Cannot get a vacuume with the type of toilet we use here in the UK.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

mmmm the vid should continue to show little man using other "ingenious" eastern methods of following that "depth charge" and forcing it through the soil pipes, traps, interceptor drains, access chambers etc etc until it's "really" gone away :>)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I've not looked at this, but some years ago a tv show was based on the least successful devices invented. One of these was the gimbal mounted 'steady' toilet for inside all terrain vheicles, boats etc. it seems the designer had no knowledge of resonance or inertia at all.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

it's a 'new' way to unblock a toilet, a piece of plastic sheet with very strong adhesive on it is pressed over the bowl of the bog, Then the flush is pulled and the water rises up in the bowl, causing the sheet of plastic to dome as it's sealed to the rim, then you push down on the dome to force the water down the pan, hopefully pushing the blockage through the U bend,

Of course it's done on a toilet with close coupled toilet cistern, would be 'fun' to see the look on the blokes face if he did it on a bog with a pipe between cistern and pan... and the usual rubber cuff type fitting :)

Reply to
Gazz

And when it all goes wrong and you are left with a dome if sh*t that will not drain!

Crap idea (sorry).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Hmm. I think that was a syphonic toilet. (with a double "U" bend.)

If you did that over here, you could force all the crap up the flush pipe and into the tank.

Reply to
harryagain