Subject Author Posted Replies

Repairing a light fitting
A plastic 12v light fitting has cracked. I can repair it with a suitable adhesive, but it needs to be something that won't mind getting quite hot. How will epoxy resin fare? Thanks, Daniele
6
6

Best way to finish wall surface after foam-fill
Just finished replacing handbasin waste with pvc pipe. What is the best way to finish off after that foam-fill? Would mortar take to the foam? Silicon over the lot is easy (and waterproof of course)...
8
8

"Danish oil" vs "Wood finishing oil"
What is the difference between Mylands "Danish oil" and "Wood finishing oil"? Are these useful names, or just brand names? We have a kitchen counter (iroko) and a set of doors (oak) thatt both need...
2
2

Glue for plastic oxygen pipe
I need to modify some medical oxygen plastic pipes, just like the pipe used for fish tank air pumps. The similar plastic ends need to be glued in place. What would be a suitable glue please?
26
26

Sunday Opening
I had thought that shops were allowed to open for six hours on a Sunday. Having just visited the local Toolstation, I noticed they advertise (in the shop - which brought it to my attention - and...
27
27

Extending Uprights
I'm making some free standing heavy duty shelving kits at the mo for a proj ect where spending money would be against the people's religion. Have just been given a bunch of wood for uprights that's a...
12
12

One for Search engine experts
What does "E-Cut" stand for with multifunction tool blades?
6
6

OSB grades and prices
As far as I gather, OSB2 is for internal non lead-bearing use and OSB2 is for external and/or load-bearing use - correct? T&P list prices are almost never lower than the sheds, but I notice...
2
2

Oil tank leak
Does anyone have any experience of remedying an oil drip on the pipework of a heating oil tank? I've got this small but persistent drip, I think from one of the joints around the sight gauge. The tank...
36
36

Fastening to MDF
I have some hifi speakers, where the speaker units are surface mounted to MDF, and a couple of the crews no longer grip. I know I could twist the unit a few degrees and use fresh wood, but I'd like to...
14
14

Extra bit on bookcase
I had some photos spare, and figured the section on making the dentil moulding could do with better/more explanation, so did this: Making equally spaced cuts - DIYWiki
3
3

How to support a light roof for a shelter
Picture from link. I have a 6 foot high fence and the space between the 2 posts is 6 feet, I would like to create a light roof probably using clear corrugated perspex stuff. It would be easy to put in...
4
4

Shed recommendation
Management has used the greenhouse as a shed for several years. So she now wants a 'proper' shed. Any recommendation for, say, a 8' x 6' in the Leeds/Bradford area? On a concrete base, or a wooden...
9
9

'Mock' pebble dash?
We have some bits of wall which are a mixture of a rough finish and flat render. The rough finish seems to be more like a very rough gritty paint than a pebble dash. The edges are quite sharp, and...
8
8

repainting old wooden structure
Yes i know this is a bit of a bodge, but i have an outside structure made of wood, and the paint has pealed, the structure is in good condition, but i don't want to or have the time to remove all the...
9
9