Best way to finish wall surface after foam-fill

Just finished replacing handbasin waste with pvc pipe.

What is the best way to finish off after that foam-fill? Would mortar take to the foam? Silicon over the lot is easy (and waterproof of course) but as can't paint it, would look 'orrible. tia

Reply to
dave

PVA it and mortar it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In article , dave writes

Why the blind link?

I'd excavate the foam to a depth of an inch and PVA before applying mortar while the PVA is tacky, the rough foam will key better and an inch of mortar will have a chance of staying together.

Reply to
fred

Scrape the foam back about 3/4-1", coat with PVA and put a bit of mortar in.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why not? Prob. using it? (yes I know it for long url's)

ta

Reply to
dave

The main reason is because I don't know you and I can't see whether the link is benign or not, it could be taking me anywhere.

You're welcome.

Reply to
fred

I get this: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pics/foambrick.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Reply to
Bob H

Works fine here on Windows XP and Firefox 29 via a 3 dongle.

Reply to
John Williamson

Strange, it worked for me yesterday, but not now on the same PC.

Reply to
Bill