"Danish oil" vs "Wood finishing oil"

What is the difference between Mylands "Danish oil" and "Wood finishing oil"?

Are these useful names, or just brand names?

We have a kitchen counter (iroko) and a set of doors (oak) thatt both need oiling.

Thanks,

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

In my experience (I tend to use Liberon products) there isn't a huge difference between 'Danish' and 'Finishing' oils. Danish appears to give a glossier finish (although generally more satin than gloss) than the finishing oil. In terms of use there is very little between them. These days I tend to use finishing oil for almost everything.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Reply to
Ferretygubbins