Subject Author Posted Replies

currys nightmare
How long do they expect me to stand here? http://i58.tinypic.com/25jz12b.jpg/IMG
3

Painting drywall
I have to paint a fair amount of drywall. I believe a diluted coat of emulsion serves to seal before top coat(s) However I have seen dilutions from 1:10 through 1:1 to 70:30 water:paint. Has anyone...
5
5

OTish - network permissions issue
I am being driven completely nuts by a weird network permissions problem and wonder whether anyone here could help. I'm really at the limit of my 'expertise' here. I have a NAS at home (Netgear...
25
25

Adhesive
I know this has been covered (currently *tile hall thread*) but... Elderly David Brown tractor fitted with Q cab and hence sound reducing lining. The lining is a flexible sandwich of Elephant hide...
14
14

Power plant approved as backup for unreliable renewables
A new plant has been approved for construction outside Eye, in Suffolk: "It will operate as a ?peaking plant?, providing back-up to intermittent renewable electricity generation, making it the first...
8
8

Help with tracing electrics
I have a (approx) 6 x foot toilet, Currently has 4 x halogen lamps (in seperate locations), I want to repace halogen with a normal central located light fitting (using LED), I am trying to locate the...
20
20

The best jobs in life are the free ones
I received an email today from a local animal rescue centre asking if I could help them fit a shelf under the the soffits of a house to help this hand reared baby bird take it's first flight next...
1
1

Question for interior designers, etc, re warm vs cold colours
I am about to choose a colour for my living room walls. I'd like to use a very pale blue. I mean, a *very, very* pale blue. You might call it a blue- tinted white, almost. My hope is that this colour...
23
23

Way OT - homoeopathic shower gel?
I was getting near the end of a bottle of gloopy shower gel. So in my usual tight fisted way I added some water from the shower (by squeezing the bottle and then letting it suck water in from the...
21
21

Tiling hall
I'm about to tile the hall of an old Victorian house. Total tile area approx 16m2 of 8mm thick faux Victorian tiles. Proposing to put 12mm plywood over 22mm floorboards. Can anyone tell me the...
25
25

OT....Deer antics in our garden question
We are always getting deers in out garden during the night, but last night they somehow pulled up two flowers and left it undamaged next to where it dug it up, it's as if a human had dug them up very...
23
23

Whats it called and where would I Get it
I wish to lock a fence to a T track and want to use one of those over centre clamps, the type that pulls the bolt head tight to the top of the track when the little cam lever is flipped over. I've...
17
17

Paint not drying
I spent yesterday evening painting the window frame in our toilet -- glossing over an undercoat I'd applied the day before. This morning (10 hours later) the paint isn't even "touch dry" -- it's...
7
7

OT: Huge wind farm scrapped
Sense is coming to the fore. Campaigners feared proposed Nocton Fen wind farm, on land owned by Sir James Dyson, could ruin views of Lincoln cathedral
14
14

Ingersoll Rand tool quality.
Are they as spectacular as I have been told? (i.e. Like a better version than Festool) Just curious, like. Cheers!
2
2