Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for 12" plus brushed stainless sliding window stay
I need to hold a couple of large wooden frame windows open to at least 90 degrees. I am searching the Internet for screw down sliding casement stays but there aren't that many, even fewer in brushed...
3
3

Aquadisc Tap Spares
Does anyone know of a source for spares for an old Aquadisc 2341 mixer tap? I've searched the 'net but haven't found any for this model. The part number for the valve insert is 578k. Thanks for any...
1
1

Screwing into UPVC
What type of screws are the best for attaching door stays, bolts and whatnot to upvc doors and frames?
3
3

Speaker arrays
I'm thinking about building an eight speaker array for a particular project. It's quite easy to get the specifications for individual speakers but less easy for me to find out how they react to the...
79
79

Identify these connectors?
Hullo. The linked image shows some red connectors. Any idea what they're called and/or what I should replace them with. (I need to replace the appliance.) Thanks & regards Bob
27
27

Lidl LED floodlight
I see Lidl are doing this LED floodlight for ?11.99 but they don't specify its output in lumens. Can anyone who has one say what it's brightness is (perhaps in terms of some other bulb). I notice in...
31
31

advice on fixing shower board
Not due for delivery for another week so trying to anticpate problems in advance. In the link to image I have one wall that is approx 1 cm out (I hope the diagram is self explanitory) . To this wall I...
17
17

I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that).
Last might I walked over to a friend of mine, and later on he ran me back in his car, when we discovered a rear tyre was nearly flat. I pumped it up with me trusty Halfords inflator, but I could hear...
17
17

plasti-dip
I am thinking of coating some lead to make shower curtain weights. Anyone used this: I note this is a lot cheaper in the USA. Any cheaper alternatives that are not black ? Simon.
8
8

OT: Sea-going drive
Yesterday, as I was returning once again from booking the vehicle in for more attempts to get rid of a few more of the faults, I found myself unexpectedly on a one-way road along the sea front. The...
4
4

Retro fitting gas burners in coal power plants.
Hello all, Reading an article in the Guardian (yes, I know) about a looming electricity shortage, one of the reasons cited was the phasing out of coal-fired generating capacity: How much of a pain /...
29
29

Keyless v. Key chucks
I'm looking for a new mains powered portable non-SDS 'percussion' drill, the ten year old B&D is on the way out. One of its faults is that the plastic sleeved keyless chuck doesn't seem to put a tight...
22
22

bathroom ceiling extractor fans
Dear All, As part of a bathroom refurbishment, I want a decent ceiling extractor fan, extracting via a duct above the ceiling out to a vent in the soffit board. The bathroom is small, ~ 2m. x 2m. I...
13
13

El Reg visits Dounreay - history, visitor centre, tour, armed police, etc.
"Come on kids, let's go play in the abandoned nuclear power station" El Reg takes a look around Dounreay, the world's first fast-breeder reactor undergoing decommissioning and decontamination. An...
22
22

Nice little DIY lashup
Want to see it again? ;-) Watch This Robot Solve A Rubik's Cube In Just Over One Second | IFLScience
7
7