Subject Author Posted Replies

Dehumidifier on the blink
I have a dehumidifer (a Challenge MDF-12DMN3, which might be an Argos own brand?) which up until now has performed flawlessly for several years. However, all of a sudden it has completely stopped...
6
6

Swap TRV
I need to replace a TRV and don't want to drain more of my system than I need. Boiler - WB Combi in Loft Radiator - upstairs bedroom. TRV - same for same so should only take seconds to do. Bedroom -...
17
17

cutting ceramic tiles manually ?
I have just finished tiling the wall of shower room and used an inexpensive manual tile cutter from screwfix, perfect and no broken tiles (8mm). I thought I would measure up and cut a couple of the...
7
7

Replacement macerator
I have to replace an old Saniflo X2 macerator. It has been used as a pump on the garage sink waste as the garage is lower than the house. The sink isn't used that much now (it used to be before we...
5
5

Versatile drill
I've had my little Black & Decker two speed rotary drill since the early '70's. Screwfix are offering: or would I be better with I'm looking for occasional use around the house, getting screws in and...
50
50

OT: For those who really think UK coal is a viable option
Honestly, can you compete with that? Like this? http://vps.templar.co.uk/Energy%20pictures/opencast.jpg http://vps.templar.co.uk/Energy%20pictures/Uk%20Deep%20mine.jpg
25
25

OT: Recession Coming
Not safe at all with a bank. They're increasingly rolling out new T&Cs asserting the right to freeze your accounts if they, in their sole discretion, deem it appropriate. And they don't have to give...
151
151

Nice
In message , Bill writes It looks about right to me, and I started buying petrol in 1968 when memory tells me it was around 6/8 [1] a gallon, or roughly three gallons for a pound. The AA shows 74d at...
40
40

Expandable foam
I've never used the stuff. Could this really happen? https://giant.gfycat.com/EarnestEqualAlpinegoat.gif
7
7

Dehumidifier or PIV
I have a slight black mould situation in a pantry, no evidence of dampness just the result of condensation. I am considering either a dehumidifier or PIV and appreciate members opinions. Our house is...
3
3

Sealing kitchen worktop.
I'm installing some new kitchen worktop and a new sink in the kitchen. (bit annoying really as the kitchen is pretty knackered but replacement isn't gonna happen soon, and the old sink was rusting...
8
8

Cavity wall insulation dates question
Does anyone know the date at which the use of thick sheets of rigid polystyrene foam (or whatever it's made of) included in the wall cavity during construction, became part of building regs? I ask...
9
9

Re: OT - Intel forcing Win 10 onto users
What you mean is that MS will only release Win10 drivers for the Skylake- based chipsets, not for Win8 etc.
23
23

Running cable down wall from attic difficulties
Howdy, I'm fairly new to this community, the wiki really helped me out with taking electricity out to my shed and that works really well with that. I'm prett y well versed in the technical knowledge...
43
43

OT - BBC Computer security
I hope this still taken from last nights "One Show" is not typical of BBC computer security. (You may have to zoom in to see the issue - but a clue is the little yellow sticker above the keyboard) I...
7
7