Identify these connectors?

Hullo.

The linked image shows some red connectors. Any idea what they're called and/or what I should replace them with. (I need to replace the appliance.)

Thanks & regards Bob

Reply to
WeeBob

Common or garden crimps but should be protected inside an electrical enclosure not just tucked inside a cupboard unit.

Reply to
johnjessop46

Standard insulated crimp couplers. Available very easily but you need a decent ratchet tool to fit them.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Crimp connectors - any decent wholesaler will stock them.

Reply to
charles

Looks to be enclosed with the enclosure open to me.

Reply to
F Murtz

Worth mentioning that the different sizes are colour coded, so you need red ones.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Indeed it is.

Reply to
WeeBob

See here:

newshound

You do need a crimper. Pliers don't work.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In addition to the other comments, I was going to say that it might be an idea to consider using a Wago connector, as an alternative to buying a decent crimp tool. Unless you want to, because you know, can never have enough tools :)

Reply to
Lee

As others have said, they are crimp connectors. You can replace them with:

- more crimp connectors (if you have or buy the right tool)

- choc-block connectors (if you can get at the connectors to tighten them up if necessary).

- wago connectors (more expensive than crimp for each connector, but if you only want to make three joints, probably a good choice).

Reply to
Martin Bonner

En el artículo , WeeBob escribió:

Do borrow/hire/buy/steal a decent crimping tool, though. Whoever did the splices in your pic had one.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

That sounds a bit rude...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are butt crimps.

(They are not reusable, so cut them off and recrimp)

John Rumm

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

Dirty mind. Down, Fido!

:)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

That's a great link, thanks.

Reply to
WeeBob

Thanks for all the tips.

I had thought that crimping was only for Cat5 etc, and I'd never seen it used for power.

Usually I'd have used a choc block, but the appliance has very limited space. I think a Wago connector would also be too large.

New tools will be delivered this morning! Yum.

Reply to
WeeBob

Indeed. Can't claim any credit for the content, other than knowing you should see it!

Reply to
newshound

I will confess that I probably use Wago more than crimps, easier to test and adjust. Crimps are at their best for stuff you are never going to modify.

Reply to
newshound

"Enough" "tools"? My brain is exploding trying to connect those two words.

"Enough tools"? No. Just cannot get them to parse.

Reply to
Martin Bonner