Subject Author Posted Replies

Tazer usage
Our local news channel has been running a report about police using tazers. It struck me that wearing metal foil sandwich material clothing would very effectively short circuit the charge being...
14
14

No wind, and now, no sun..
Gridwatch is worth watching this evening.
24
24

Smart Meter Economy 7
I have an OVO Smart Meter with E7. I am trying to ascertain the times of the cheap night time rate change-overs. The previous meter was sent the time from an electro-mechanical timer: which had no...
18
18

un boxing video
Is there anything as vapid or inane as un-boxing videos, especially those made by holding the camera in one hand whilst struggling with the box with the other.
14
14

nozzle for a kew 88 hobby power washer
i have a kew 88 hobby for a good few years now & still get great service from it. wheres the best place to get a new nozzle for it or would i have to buy a complete lance ?? thank you, brian....
7
7

End to solar panels?
The dour forecast comes as the industry celebrated a record-breaking year in 2015
15
15

TV aerial boosters, revisited
Back in the winter of 13/14, we had a long and useful thread on here following my house-move to the wilds of Herefordshire (Much Marcle/Ridge Hill transmitter) At the time, we'd got fun'n'games with...
59
59

Bathroom - donwlighter spotlights - halogen - loft insulation
Folks, Just moved into a new property. The upstairs bathroom seemed chilly and hav ing looked in the loft I can see why, the insulation material has been remo ved, presumably do the fitting of halogen...
10
10

OT - FriendsReunited - the sunset of an era
I'm sure many posters here would have use FriendsReunited in the past and dropped it as other sites became more popular. It's being closed in the next couple of weeks. As the owner says "the sunset of...
9
9

OT: eBay: "Set spam for 11 ?"
Is it just me, or have eBay started spamming on a massive scale ? 8 emails in 5 days !
11
11

My B&Q closing
Apparently my local B & Q is closing on 23rd Jan. Wonder if they;ll have anything on sale that's worth it.
23
23

Amazon stealth deliveries
Ordered a USB stick from Amazon yesterday. Anticipated delivery tomorrow (Tue). Tracking page concurs. Get an email: "your package will be delivered today" Potter about doing nothing much. Another...
71
71

Rodent proof cable ?
We keep a mains operated water pump in its own little insulated box fixed t o the outside wall of the garage. I turn it off and drain it down every win ter, having lost two pumps to frost, and we only...
16
16

DIN relay recommendation (make at least)
Can anyone recommend a relay (or make of relay) please? I'm going to have to build some logic for a central heating system. Immutable parametrics are: DIN mount, 6A AC restive (with a good slice of...
19
19

Radiator Casing Top Clip
I wonder if anyone has come across a double panel central heating radiator with the top part of the casing held on with plates and 'screws' as in the two photos here: As can be seen one of the legs...