15mm pipe 1/2" BSP tap conector won't fit Grohe tap

Recently bought Grohe replacement taps (single H & C taps). Original copper pipework in c. 12 year old new-build house. Rigid 15mm copper pipes coming up to traditional rigid tap connectors with 1/2" BSP tap connector nuts, and fibre washers.

THE PROBLEM is that these new taps lack the slight recess on the inside of the threaded bore - where the small protruding part of the copper (around which the fibre washers seats) - should protrude slightly into the threaded bore of the base of the taps.

Obvious solution is to fit tap flexi connectors.

But is there such a thing as a suitable washer that would allow the original rigid tap connectors to be used?

(I'm imagining an extra-thick fibre tap-connector washer that is thick enough to get above the slight protrusion on the tap connector)

I'm sure this must be a not-uncommon problem.

Reply to
dom