Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for shower screen sealing strip
This is the stuff I need Thanks Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Positioning of extractor fan vent & humidity sensor
This is for an offshot bathroom in a mid-terrace, with a level ceiling over the main area but a slope down over the sink & shower/bath, to fit a ducted fan in the ceiling going to a vent that has...
8
8

More diy...
Something to sit on: Might do another (I made templates for all the cut outs), but it is nice have some workshop space back! Garden bench - DIYWiki
21
21

reduced depth kitchen carcases
With a tiny kitchen I want to install 500mm depth worktops and floor units to match, but the only off-the-shelf option seems to be tall wall units - t hese are only 300mm deep though. Thinking of...
25
25

Decent surface mount small round LED lumiere?
I have 3 bays where it's not possible to use downlighters, but the ceiling is about 6'6" above the floor. So I need something like: I got one of those as a sample, but it's shite (heavily burred...
1
1

Nylon/ plastics glue
I have a nylon part, into which a plastic part fits. The nylon part has a 4mm recess of around 10mm diameter and is a rather poor friction fit, but the joint needs to be proof against DOT 4 hydraulic...
13
13

Screw fixing
Thought I'd be the odd one out and post a d-i-y question. Need to fix a load of 38mm treated batten to exterior brick and block walls. There is not much imposed load ... these are battens onto which...
19
19

Nuking brambles
Is there a reliable way to kill brambles that are growing close to stuff you don't want to kill? We seem to have loads of the things growing in shrubs, flower beads, and around trees etc.
47
47

Gove's tweet
HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
3
3

OT: B is for Book
I was looking forward to this programme, which the BBC describes as "a documentary following a group of children over the course of a year as they learn to read." Since the subject was the teaching of...
17
17

Old oil
Given the need to heat bunker oil in order to pump it around, some of the reasons not to use it in an aeroplane engine seem (to me) patently obvious.
45
45

OT: Elderly 4x4's for the poor elderly.
Sorry about this, but for reasons mentioned in passing in other posts, I'm possibly going to have to start searching tomorrow for a replacement for a big Jeep. I need 3-ton tow capability, low ratio...
29
29

Block Paving weeds :(
Had our block paving put down in 2002. No problem at all with that. Over the years, slowly, weeds started popping up. I'd put down weedkiller and pull the rest up. Last year, had a knock on the door,...
11
11

dash cam - recommend a front+n rear setup anyone?
Been reading my friend google and now saturated (they're all so wonderful - apparently) . So I thought someone here may have a practical recommend through actually having installed and used one...
1
1

The real trouble is starting...
The Bank of England warns that financial risks related to Brexit are beginning to emerge and says the outlook for UK financial stability is "challenging".
18
18