Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Eating yogurt with a teaspoon
Anyone other than Bod eat yogurt with a kids' spoon?
14
14

Riser
Perfectly normal behaviour for water. If it starts going up, I'd say that something was amiss. HTH YVW
31
31

DIY computer psu chair
2.72343A According to my calculations... A blue one.
6
6

200 quid for chips?
If I want fish and chips, I generally don't want a bit of nasty end of beef mixed in, thanks. YMMV. I do find *all* chips from fish and chip shops simply awful. I want crispy and brown. They do pale...
56
56

G9 LED lamps
We need six or so G9 LED lamps. There are loads available (e.g. on Amazon) but mostly with few and/or mixed reviews. Ideally, they be 5 to 7 watts, I'd like them to be about 4-5000 K - so cool rather...
18
18

Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care Wash & Dry toilet.
Hi all, I have just had an Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care installed in my flat. It is floor mounted, the problem is that the old toilet pan was very large and removing it has left a area of bare...
4
4

Structural engineer costs
I need to submit calculation to Building Control for two steels, one (or po ssibly a pair) in a cavity wall and one at right angles in an internal wall . I've rung a few local structural engineers and...
9
9

Saturated cavity wall insulation
Following a roof leak that went undetected for months, we suspect the fibreglass slab insulation in the cavity wall has been saturated for some time. We've been advised to have it all removed and...
11
11

Dishwasher - best products
Not just a washing machine (see other post), but also a dishwasher! Having not had one for twenty years, except the odd stay on holiday, I am completely out of touch with the best and most economical...
14
14

Go compare utility prices.
I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly usage, and entered dont know for current utility company. It...
8
8

Hot tub
Inquests are held into deaths not products. "An inquest is a legal investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding a person?s death, including how, when and why the death occurred. In some...
19
19

Thermal Store & TMV
Ta I'll follow up on that link ....
5
5

Cloning hard drive to SSD - help needed to find where Windows resides
Sure, I was more replying to the 'If you want to shrink and move partitions about then you can find some free software to do it here' bit (so I could have snipped that last sentence). ;-) Cheers, T i...
12
12

Installing heater under a flat roof for snow?
Google is not the only search engine, and yours are not the only search terms :) In addition to Adrian's link a minute or 2 on Bing gives NB I've not used them. I know of them only from an aborted...
25
25

The small things get you
Get with the program Rick, the deal was to sell that electric to *me* at an exorbitant price, not to use it for something useful. ;-) ;-)
9
9