Go compare utility prices.

I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly usage, and entered dont know for current utility company. It defaulted to BG for a comparison and OVO among the ones I would save money. However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am currently paying and that I have been quoted for renewing my yearly contractnext month. Anyone understand how this works or am I missing something.

Reply to
ss

Are you on exactly the same OVO tariff it quoted? is it using TCR? (tariff comparison rates are useless for a real comparison).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yip as far as I am aware but interestingly for the same kWh hours I gave the tarriff per kWH was slightly higher yet they still stated I would save £221 per year. For the same kWH with a slightly higher tarrif I cant see how that would save me money. It just doesnt make sense.

Reply to
ss

Who with?

I found CompareTheMarket got me some excellent deals - simple deals with no silly catches.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The comparison is probably with the default BG rather than your current tariff.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes thats why I changed 2 years back to OVO but now looking to see if anything better. (used go compare)

Quote "The comparison is probably with the default BG rather than your current tariff."

Yes maybe that accounts for it but the price they are quoting by switching to Ovo gives a higher kWH price/daily charge when compared to my current OVO price and the quote OVO have given me as a current customer to renew next month.

Reply to
ss

Perhaps there's a letter in the post correcting their mistake?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Standing charge? VAT @ 5%? dual fuel discount? DD discount? etc...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Who pays for Go Compare, oh look its the companies they plug.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff