Subject Author Posted Replies

An LED question
In my garden I have some globe lights, all are fed from a transformer giving nominally 12v ac from a radio switch I can operate from my pocket. However the construction of the wiring andlights is...
24
24

Baxi control board
Baxi Barcelona, which has been upgraded to 100He spec On the original control board there were 2 jumpers .. Both were removed as this boiler is connected to a thermal store J1 to set to 100,000Btu/h...
6
6

LEDs and Temperature
Just reading of LED needing to be kept cool and I was wondering why. Is it because standard components are used which will fail, or is there some electrical principle that will always cause failure at...
102
102

More on grid prices shortfalls...and margin reserves
On looking closely at the data, it appears that the high prices that have once again turned up today are a result of a far lower than anticipated (700MW versus 1.8GW) delivery of wind power. Solar...
5
5

Setting up boiler for optimum efficiency
A discussion in a separate thread has prompted me to look further at the set up of my gas boiler. I have a heating system designed & supplied by NuHeat ...... 17 zones, all underfloor heating - no...
32
32

Smellng gas
I'm beginning to think I have an hyper-sensitive sense of smell, or at least I am more alert to it. I am constantly reporting gas leaks and I always correct, they dig up the road or pavement soon...
2
2

Biasi 24S Boiler Problem
Biasi 24S Combi Boiler My son has just moved into his house which has a Biasi 24S boiler, 2002 vintage. For the first few days he only had the hot water switched on and it seemed to work fine - plenty...
4
4

Exploding 40 watt eco halogen MR16 bulb/glass
Our shower has an extractor above it with a light within it. The extractor fan works from a separate cord to the light which is turned on by a separate cord that illuminates five other recessed...
3
3

New Car Battery
That is what i have got. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw3_EV2XUAAgsSJ.jpg
97
97

Ping TNP: Gridwatch anomaly
Seems a bit strange that the dials for the French-UK interconnect are currently showing positive on both UK Gridwatch and France Gridwatch. It maybe that it has always been so - not sure that I have...
2
2

Anyone got experience of online estate agents?
My house is in an area where they sell really easily so I'm thinking of using All I want is for my house to appear on Rightmove and this seems the cheapest way to achieve that - once I've found...
76
76

Summerhouse rain water
A friend has just completed the instalation of a hexagonal summerhouse and it starting to think about guttering. I suggested not bothering. It got him thinking - at what point is it worth fitting...
4
4

£2200 for fastening 10 bolts
It must be the only car where a component on it is worth more than the enti re machine.
43
43

Sterling engines
3
3

"Max 60W"
Do the maximum wattage warnings on (oldish) light fittings only apply to incandescent bulbs? I assume it's because of the heat melting the fitting? So I can put a 100W equivalent LED in a light...
23
23