Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler filling loop connectors.
My boiler, which I think is not untypical, has a filling loop with 1/2" loosely retained nuts at the end, superficially like a tap connector. But instead of a flat for a washer at the interface to the...
2
2

flytipping
Getting out of hand round here Bill Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
26
26

OT: Idiot using mobile 'phone
Driving along a busy street today, I see a pedestrian walking along the pavement on the other side of the road, with his mobile clamped to his ear. He gets to a pedestrian crossing, stops, and turns...
30
30

BBC TV: The Repair Shop
Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop" An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country. Owain
28
28

Fitting skirting
New oak flooring fitted, old skirtings removed first so that 12mm expansion gap is covered by new 20mm oak skirting, rather than quarter beading. Internal corners nicely scribed, only one external...
12
12

Dinky Toys string
I have a Dinky Toys Coles 972 crane from my youth which I want to pass on in a completely working state. The only thing missing is the string. Can anyone point me to a source of something close to the...
22
22

Threading a cable in ceiling void from below
It looks as though I'm going to have to thread a thin, so very flexible, cable into the ceiling void from below and then out again a couple of metres further across. I've used a straightened coat...
36
36

Significance of blue coloured SATA connector on Gigabyte mobo?
I've been given an old tower computer with a Gigabyte motherboard. It has four SATA sockets, labelled 0, 1, 2 and 3. SATA socket #0 is coloured blue, the other three are black. Is there any...
7
7

One for the washing m/c repairers
Bosch drive motor failure on spin function. Failed to reach full speed and then tripped out the house RCD. Google seems to imply this is terminal for the motor. On examination the carbon brushes have...
25
25

12v DC 2.1mm/5.5mm extension lead
I've just spent the last two hours trying to source a 5M long 12v DC 2.1mm/5.5mm extension lead in *white* to connect a power supply to a CCTV camera and have failed miserably. It has to be white...
5
5

Slightly OT: cutting someone out of an electric car
"The electric car was so badly damaged in the crash that firefighters could not isolate the electric power meaning crews had to work carefully around the electrics because of the potential risk of...
62
62

Farage on London terror attack.
9
9

Climapro2rf boiler
Not working display reads f28
1
1

Hello?
Sorry to send a test message, but the latest post I've received in this group was dated Friday 24th March at 7.23pm and I'm wondering if my ISP has quietly dropped Usenet.
6
6

Treadmill exercise machine
I rescued a treadmill that someone had thrown out, It looks fairly new, even the clear protective film on the display hadn't been removed. It soon became evident that the motor had seized up. I found...
12
12