Subject Author Posted Replies

12v DC 2.1mm/5.5mm extension lead
I've just spent the last two hours trying to source a 5M long 12v DC 2.1mm/5.5mm extension lead in *white* to connect a power supply to a CCTV camera and have failed miserably. It has to be white...
5
5

Slightly OT: cutting someone out of an electric car
"The electric car was so badly damaged in the crash that firefighters could not isolate the electric power meaning crews had to work carefully around the electrics because of the potential risk of...
62
62

Farage on London terror attack.
9
9

Climapro2rf boiler
Not working display reads f28
1
1

Hello?
Sorry to send a test message, but the latest post I've received in this group was dated Friday 24th March at 7.23pm and I'm wondering if my ISP has quietly dropped Usenet.
6
6

Treadmill exercise machine
I rescued a treadmill that someone had thrown out, It looks fairly new, even the clear protective film on the display hadn't been removed. It soon became evident that the motor had seized up. I found...
12
12

Dimmable LEDs
Are dimmable LEDs (GU10) always marked as such? If not - is there a way I can check? Will I cause damage if I try?
3
3

British Gas Wireless Receiver WR1 - red alarm ligth flashing ? how to access batteries to change
WR1 Receiver
1
1

Paki builders and terrible driving
Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video. He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and pressed the horn. The wife shit herself as you can see in the still...
48
48

R. Cott. 13 (thermostats)
Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with remote sensing for bathroom use? A downside to underfloor heating is the individual controls needed for each circuit. Yes. I have...
6
6

OT Solar cells
Came across a reference last night in to step solar cells. These have an efficiency up to 40% it is claimed. If the sun shines! At the present time the market was claimed to be worth $75B but...
12
12

Ultrasonic testing of a domestic oil tank for corrosion
The fun thing about moving to a new house is the whole pile of new things to learn about! Here's the next: testing oil tanks for corrosion. I believe it's possible to use ultrasonics to test a...
8
8

Interesting: Germans switch on "artificial sun" to separate hydrogen from water vapour
"German scientists are switching on 'the world's largest artificial sun' in the hope that intense light sources can be used to generate climate- friendly fuel" "The Synlight experiment in Jülich,...
18
18

Arduino breadboards
has anyone any experience of Arduino solderless breadboards? What crimp connectors are insertable?
17
17

LPT Port on a Print Server - setting
I know this can be done, I have done it before, but I have forgotten the IP setting string for doing it when configuring a printer... I have a print server (router with USB ports for USB printers). My...
24
24