Sealing a limestone fireplace

Hi, I'm thinking of applying this[1] or similar to a limestone fireplace that hasn't got any sealant on it yet. Anyone done this, any warnings or recommendations?

Thanks

N_i_c_k

IME sealants produce a "wet" look, which may not be what you want. Usual guff on the website about an "impregnator", and then an invisible, yet breathable, film. Eh? Also, silicone tends to collect grime. I've used Thomsons Water Seal on outside brickwork and, from memory, that doesn't form a film

Reply to
stuart noble

Interesting - thanks.

Reply to