BBC TV: The Repair Shop

Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I can't wait for "surgery on a cherished Victorian garden gnome"

Reply to
Andy Burns

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com formulated on Saturday :

Funny time to put on that sort of programming..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The BBC are the mafia.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its dumbed down beyond belief. Such programs often are. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into another sort of crap.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob Minchin was thinking very hard :

+1 I wouldn't want any of the output in my home, even if I were given it.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've just seen that the Repair Shop programme will be broadcast each weekday for 3 weeks - 15 episodes Fingers crossed for things of technical interest!

Thanks to the OP for heads up

Reply to
Bob Minchin

"Brian Gaff" wrote in news:ob7spo$2nd$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Did you see the " bench made for 4 chairs glued together" that looked exactly like 4 chairs stuck together and charged about £350 by the wood butcher who did it. UGH!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No doubt searchable on iPlayer.

Reply to
mechanic

Claire Balding.

Reply to
mechanic

mechanic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example1357.net:

Damn - I was hoping it would be Mel and Sue!!!

Bring back Raymond Baxter!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That would be a repair worth seeing. He's been dead 11 years.

Reply to
Huge

I was in the room when cast iron bench ends were turned into... a bench.

I still haven't worked out if the valve based Murphy radio was gutted of the valves etc and replaced by Bluetooth reciever (murdering bastards). Or if the BT Rx was just added into it so it still worked as a valve radio, with added BT fuctionality, an acceptable upgrade.

But yes the money they get for these things is silly and that's from shops/dealers so an end punter will be paying even more. It is of course a bit of advertising for those shops on mainstream television...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Huge was thinking very hard :

:-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

They used to sell chairs joined together as they counted as pews and were exempt from purchase tax. When you got them home you just unscrewed them and arranged them round the dining table.

Reply to
Max Demian

They should have sold the dining table as an altar.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not clear why Christians have an altar as they don't seem to sacrifice anything any more.

Reply to
Max Demian

Logical thought?

Owain