electric stapler

Got a Stanley TRE-300 electric stapler. It's a nice one we've had for some time, now. Recently, I was old that Stanley had discontinued making staples for this gun, as well as the gun itself.
I've been making some extensive Google searches, and haven't been able to locate any staples.
Does this mean my gun is now a throw-a-way?
If anyone knows where I might find staples for my gun, I'd sure appreciate getting that info.
Thanks.

*snip*
Try taking a sample to the hardware store and see if you can match size (length and width and height) with commercially available staples. Most likely it's compatible with other staples, you just have to find them.
Puckdropper