Stapler recommendation

I intend to fence off an area of garden using timber posts and galvanished chicken netting.

I want to automate the process by means of a stapler that can fire suitable staples, presumably galvanised or rust resistant. I want to give my usual hammer and staple method a swerve.

Electric or manual, below £50.

Recommendations please.

mark

Reply to
mark

a T50 for 25+ years. Mine came with a thingy that fits the head & acts as a guide when stapling netting.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Arrow T-50, or their version of it that does staples if you want a specific sort of fastener.

Nothing else comes close for reliability and robustness. I'm on my third in 25 years - haven't broken one yet, but the first two sprouted legs.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'm not so sure, mine is 29 yo and the plastic catch on the carry case has broken. I have to use a rubber band now and they only last a few months.

Reply to
dennis

Looks like the Arrow T50 is the only one in the frame. Thank you. Can anyone tell me the best staple length for chicken wire with a 2" mesh.

mark

Reply to
mark

One that the stapler can fully drive home in what ever timber you are stapling to.

I wouldn't be to sure about the longevity of ordinary staples out in the weather either. Even if having some form of zinc plating or other protection by their very nature of coming off a strip, they must have some bare metal exposed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice