Stapler recommendation

Hi, I would like to insulate my garage. It is a good size garage, 26 X 36 with a second floor. I figure I need at least 1800 sqft of insulation. I've been thinking of replacing my standard Arrow stapler with something that would make this job easier on my wrists. Do those electric staplers work? Would they be good for this project? Should I go with an air stapler? Do they make one for this type of job? Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Guay

Barely.

Yes, they do a fantastic job. You only need a small compressor.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:42:59 -0500, "Jeff Guay" scribbled this interesting note:

This usually works well:

John Willis

On 12/31/2004 10:42 AM US(ET), Jeff Guay took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

You might try a hammer stapler. It is faster than a hand compression stapler and doesn't require a power wire or air hose. Most of the contractors I know use them.

The HT50A

Reply to
willshak

If your like me and only need power tools occasionally check out Harbor Freight. I have 3 of their air products, a chop saw, wire feed 120v welder and countless hand tools. They all perform well for my purposes.

My only bitch with staplers is the cost of the staples. Arrow stuff is pricey compared to the off brand staples that do not work in my electric stapler. ( have to use Arrow or suffer)

I would check with local contractors for a price on the insulation. Earlier this year I wanted to add R-19 to my ceilings and R-30 to the garage. I found a contractor that would install the product for less than I could buy it. I chose to sign the check.

Reply to
SQLit

I have a nice compressor. I started looking at these staplers and there appears to be many different kinds. What should I look for? 18GA? 16GA? What staple size? Thanks again.

Reply to
Jeff Guay

I have a narrow crown Bostitich used mostly for woodwork, like putting on the backof a bookcase. It would work for insulation and I have used it for upholstery, but in most cases, the wide are used for those applications. Once covered with sheetrock, it is not going to go anywhere either way.

1/2" or so for depth will do.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Arrow makes an electric staple gun. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
HaHaHa

I agree completely. I bought a 3/8th upholstery stapler...wow fantastic.

The only problem I have is I cringe every time I pick up an air tool...some freaky think about puting one through my foot or finger or something.

Reply to
Louis McEniry