Oil in my well water

My Teel submersible pump died. Without my prior knowledge a tenant filled a 10,000 gallon pool twice in one month. Two months later the pump motor windings opened. I now find that the motor oil leaked out into my well. I hope most of the oil is in the casing. I pulled out a pint by repeatedly dropping down a towel and ringing out the oil. It may be that it is an edible type of oil. What do you think I should do??? Thanks for your comments, Henry

filled a

well. I

repeatedly
Obviously you would not ingest the water or use it for food or beverage production until you know what oil is used; and I don't believe it is food grade but it would be nice to know. Call the motor manufacturer and ask.
Gary Quality Water Associates
Teel has responded to a state inquiry saying they have used edible oil but the state comment was that their test indicated otherwise. I don't expect that I would get a true answer from them. Lots of well motors are now using water to lub. the bearings.
Regards, Henry
wrote

To start, you could kick the tenants arse.