Oil in my well water

My Teel submersible pump died. Without my prior knowledge a tenant filled a

10,000 gallon pool twice in one month. Two months later the pump motor windings opened. I now find that the motor oil leaked out into my well. I hope most of the oil is in the casing. I pulled out a pint by repeatedly dropping down a towel and ringing out the oil. It may be that it is an edible type of oil. What do you think I should do??? Thanks for your comments, Henry
Reply to
Henry Bergdolt

"Henry Bergdolt" wrote

repeatedly

Obviously you would not ingest the water or use it for food or beverage production until you know what oil is used; and I don't believe it is food grade but it would be nice to know. Call the motor manufacturer and ask.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser

To start, you could kick the tenants arse.

Reply to
PhilÅ

Teel has responded to a state inquiry saying they have used edible oil but the state comment was that their test indicated otherwise. I don't expect that I would get a true answer from them. Lots of well motors are now using water to lub. the bearings.

Reply to
Henry Bergdolt