Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer " Accuwash " temperature control problems ?

The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system ) feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back . warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system ( sensor , board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

sensor
Hi,
*I* have never checked on yet, but if you want a chance to find someone whom has checked one....post the model# of the washer and not the sales ( Gold Catalyst ) floor name. http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
There should be a tech sheet inside the consol that may help with testing/checking the items.
I will check that site and the machine for the sheet FWI the model # is GSX 9885JQ0 - thanks
On 18 Mar 2005 04:29:43 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"

This is kind of a shot in the dark but...
They're probably using a thermistor to sense the water temperature. Most thermistors increase in resistance as temperature gets lower.
So if the thermistor was disconnected or mechanically damaged (causing it to fail "open"), the controller would see a very high (infinite actually) resistance and think the water was cold, thus causing it to add hot water.
Eric Law

Thats what I think too but I am in the dark without a manual . BTW it is the Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Model GSX 9885JQ0

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Hi,
You can check to see if any tests are listed on the appliance's -tech sheet- which is usually in the consol. On washers the wiring diagram could be rolled up inside the control panel or in a small pocket, pouch or envelope attached to the inside of the washer's cabinet.
You could also check with Whirlpool to see if there is a service manual available specifically for your model which can be purchased.

I found... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N8 Repair manual for Whirlpool - Kitchen Aid - Kenmore - Roper - Estate direct drive washing machines Tech Sheet Installation Instructions part#LIT3954914 - avialbale from WLP or Sears.
Has one strange fill valve... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nr7989 Water/dispenser valve assembly *Looks* like the thermistor is built into the fill valve.
Expensive control!! http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4746
Havn't had the pleasure of seeing one of these before, sorry couldn't help more!
Thanks- My hope is that it a loose connection or the fill valve . I really don't want to spent that kind of $ on the control board .
On 18 Mar 2005 14:48:51 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"

Check the temperature of the water in the tub after it fills and agitates for a few seconds. It should be below 93 degrees. If it is, the system is working properly.