Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer " Accuwash " temperature control problems ?

The Accuwash ( electronic water temperature control system ) feature when turned on warm /cold first gives warm water then switches to hot water only and never goes back to cold or a mix . I can turn off the Accuwash feature an get the warm water mix back . warm . I want to test the components of the Accuwash system ( sensor , board etc ) . Can anyone here give me some help ? -thanks

Reply to
nospam4me

sensor

Hi,

*I* have never checked on yet, but if you want a chance to find someone whom has checked one....post the model# of the washer and not the sales ( Gold Catalyst ) floor name.
model# helps.

There should be a tech sheet inside the consol that may help with testing/checking the items.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

This is kind of a shot in the dark but...

They're probably using a thermistor to sense the water temperature. Most thermistors increase in resistance as temperature gets lower.

So if the thermistor was disconnected or mechanically damaged (causing it to fail "open"), the controller would see a very high (infinite actually) resistance and think the water was cold, thus causing it to add hot water.

Eric Law

Reply to
EL

thermistors increase in resistance as temperature

"open"), the controller would see a very

add hot water.

Reply to
nospam4me

Hi,

You can check to see if any tests are listed on the appliance's -tech sheet- which is usually in the consol. On washers the wiring diagram could be rolled up inside the control panel or in a small pocket, pouch or envelope attached to the inside of the washer's cabinet.

You could also check with Whirlpool to see if there is a service manual available specifically for your model which can be purchased.

I found...

manual for Whirlpool - Kitchen Aid - Kenmore - Roper - Estate direct drive washing machines Tech Sheet Installation Instructions part#LIT3954914 - avialbale from WLP or Sears.

Has one strange fill valve...

valve assembly

*Looks* like the thermistor is built into the fill valve.

Expensive control!!

Havn't had the pleasure of seeing one of these before, sorry couldn't help more!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Reply to
nospam4me

Thanks- My hope is that it a loose connection or the fill valve . I really don't want to spent that kind of $ on the control board .

Reply to
nospam4me

wrote

Check the temperature of the water in the tub after it fills and agitates for a few seconds. It should be below 93 degrees. If it is, the system is working properly.

Reply to
Ed