Whirlpool washer with 2 problems

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer, from 1999, it is model LSQ9264HQ0

It has two problems:

  1. the water fill level on the largest load size needs adjustment - I have always had to add a couple of gallons of water or so to get it to the right level, this seems common on Whirlpool washers, how can I adjust the maximum fill level? My friend had the same problem, he replaced the water level switch, and the problem remained, so what I really need is a way to adjust it, because it seems the factory parts are not quite in calibration.

  1. the tub (which is floating by design) has a steep list to the left when looking at the washer head on, it used to sit centered in the cabinet, what do I need to replace to have it sit level again?

thanks for any help you can provide,

Reply to
Fred Garvin

The right level? If you are a member of a religion, do you tell it what the right god is?

If you're going to be a Whilpoolist, you have to accept their level.

Heretic!!!

Lift up the lid, or take the front or back off, and see what is broken or disconnected.

mm

There is no adjustment. It is straightforward to replace the switch. Make sure the tube from the bottom of the tube fits firmly, else the tub will overflow (sadly I know from experience)

Reply to
Jeff