whirlpool washer question

does anyone know how to adjust the fill height on these?

ever since I bought my whirlpool super capacity washer in 1999, it has never filled quite high enough for my taste.

I seem to get better washing results by manually adding 2 more gallons of water after it fills, which raises the water level a couple of inches

It would be nice if there is a way to adjust this, so that I do not have to manually add the 2 gallons each time.

not sure what the whirlpool engineers were thinking by cutting the highest level back by 2 gallons, since my way gives better results, probably some marketing expert made them lower the final water level, trying to boost the "lower water consumption" numbers for advertising.

Reply to
cowboy

Hi,

Model#?

How high is the highest water level now?...top row of holes, less?

The water level control has an adjustment screw on it, but damage can occur to the WLC and you could get bad results like overfilling and flooding.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote

highest water level now is barely past second row of holes, after some agitation it drops to below 2nd row of holes (due to air in clothes)

after I add 2 gallons of water level is about 1/2" above top row of holes (agitated)

model# is LSQ9264HQ

Reply to
cowboy

Hi,

I got LSQ9264HQ0 to come up for me.

Cruddy little plastic WLC :( You can try to adjust, but we usually just replace them when they won't work properly...less problems!

level control switch.

Soem access helps...

How a WLC worls...
jeff. Appliance Repair aid

Appliance Repair Aid

thanks for the help!

yes, my bad, it is LSQ9264HQ0, I missed the final "0"

surprising, since it was the best whirlpool washer money could buy in 1999! and whirlpool was the best washer brand in both performance & reliability money could buy at that time according to consumer reports

what fill height is proper for this washer? above the top row of holes?

ALSO, I have another puzzle, any idea why the tub on this washer has always canted to the left? In other words the tub has never sat completely level in the cabinet, it lists a bit like the leaning tower of Piza!, except with the left side being slightly lower

I can reach in and straighten it, but it goes right back to the left a moment later, or as soon as it agitates

it is maybe an inch or two left of being centered in the hole viewed from top

Reply to
cowboy

Hi,

Yup.

Left is a bit odd...right is more common...

Maybe the suspension pads are worn...
Maybe the side springs are loose, or the screw for one of them is loose.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

again thanks for your help!

to refresh, my model # is LSQ9264HQ0

there are actually two whirlpool part numbers for my water level control switch, whirlpool part# 3366847 & 3366848

four questions:

  1. any idea which of those two part numbers specified for my model are better or improved over the other?

  1. why do you feel a slight adjustment is not a good plan?

  2. any chance that another scenario or condition could be giving a good WLC switch some bad information, causing it to shut the water off a little early?

  1. could you tell me what are the three most common repairs of top loading whirlpool washers, and the three most common repairs of whirlpool dryers, talking about models made in the 1990's (I have heard that motor coupling is #1 most common in whirlpool top loaders)

gracias amigo!

Reply to
cowboy

. could you tell me what are the three most common repairs of top loading

The top two for the washer are probably the motor coupling and the lid switch. Don't know what the 3rd would be as it hasn't happened to mine yet in 15 years. The dryer has only had a thermostat replaced, and the entire lint system taken apart and cleaned - made a huge difference in drying time.

Reply to
SN

Hi,

I see only one for your model#...part number 3366847

level control switch

Comes up on a different model.

I see only one for your model#...part number 3366847

level control switch

Too easy to far the other way and allow a flood...or worse, it keeps filling when no one is watching/around and intermittanly floods. We where taught that the WLC was factory set and not to adjust them or we would be liable for any damage....put in a new part and it fails the part manufacture is responsible...adjust it and we ( I ) am responsible.

WLC hose can clogg or get a pin hole, but these normally allow overfilling.

Washer:

1) Motor coupler 2) Drain pump 3) Lid switch

Dryer:

1) Heating element 2) Belt 3) Thermostat(s) - thermal fuse. 4) Drum rollers

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Man you rock! I hope my washer breaks so I can ask you some questions, lol. Well not really, but keep up the good work!

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert