What kind of brush for acrylic paint?

I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. What kind of brush do you use with acrylic paint? Does it matter? I have many brushes, different kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of boar bristle (?), plastic bristles, better quality natural bristle brushes I use for varnish, and others. Does it matter?
:I'm building a gate out of 2x4s and latticed lath. :What kind of brush do you use with acrylic paint? :Does it matter? I have many brushes, different :kinds, from the cheapies made in malasia made of :boar bristle (?), plastic bristles, better quality :natural bristle brushes I use for varnish, and others. :Does it matter?
BTW, I primed it all with Killz 2 water based primer.
Dan_Musicant wrote:

Use bristle brushes for oil base finishes, nylon for water base. Or other synthetic that won't absorb water.
--

dadiOH

Use a nylon bristle brush for either latex or oil. Not a cheapo -- go to a paint store and buy a good one.

Second that. I used to use cheap brushes - they put on the paint badly, left lots of hairs in the paint, and never cleaned well. I got a good Wooster brush - best investment I ever made. Smooth coats, nice supple hairs, cleans wonderfully.