grinder pump in basement..

My new home has a (sewage) tub with a ginder pump that comes on automatically when it reaches a certain level to pump out .... well you know..

It malfuncioned and the only way it would work is in the manual mode. So I called the builder to get it fixed. Before it was fixed, one of his flunkies came out to check it out. This guy ran it (to test it -he said) till it was dry and then beyond that point. I was told when I purchased the home NEVER to run it without liquid in the pump.... (He wasn't even the guy who was going to fix it)...

I told him to cut it off but he kept it going for a few more seconds. This guy is hitting the 'hateraide' pretty hard anyway. You can just see it in his 'tude.. So, I'm wondering if there was any damage done by his (albeit breif) idiocy..?? How much can these pumps take being run without any liquid in them?

Thanks

Dadark..

Reply to
in2-dadark

contact the manufacturer

Reply to
ransley

A few seconds won't hurt. A few minutes might.

Reply to
Pat