Squeaking cabinet hinges

I just replaced the 20-yrd old, self-closing hinges on my kitchen cabinets with new ones from Home Depot. Suprisingly, all the holes lined up and they worked great ... for a few days ... then they started squeaking.
The squeak appears to be caused by lack of lubrication between the plastic spring retainer and the metal hinge body.
There seems to have been some kind of factory lubricant on them initially, but that seems to wear off after a few days of use. I've tried lubricating them with WD-40, 3-in-1 oil, canola oil, and parafin. None has provided a lasting solution.
Any ideas?

graphite powder. lithium grease.
Eric Goldsmith wrote:

Try slicone spray. If that doesn't do it then return 'em to Home Cheepo for credit and try another brand. IME HD will take almost anything back and give you credit.
Jeff
--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"As long as there are exams in public schools there will be prayer in
Antisieze compound available at any auto parts supply store. I used it on door hinges once about ten years and have never heard a sound from them since.
Good Luck.