Graphite and Door hinges

Has anyone noticed that idiot manufacturers are pre-lubricating door hinges with graphite so the carpeting under the hinges continously get dirty from the graphite. I've spent days removing the hinges, cleaning off the graphite and re-lubricating with a little WD40 in 2 different houses.

Reply to
Art Begun

the only problem is WD 40 is not a lubricant, but a solvent.... it just cuts the harden grease on something and makes it, the grease, work like it should work....

Reply to
jim

As others have noted, you did not lubricate them with WD-40 you may have cleaned out any graphic.

There is no perfect lube but graphic is good for this use. I would also recommend silicone lube as a cleaner product.

When it really comes down to it, I use either graphic or petroleum jelly.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

why are you soo anal?

Reply to
mark Ransley

Art Begun

Nehmo Install black carpet and your problems are over!

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Reply to
Craven Morehead