Lubricating Wall Oven Hinges

I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges. Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks, Victor

Reply to
Victor Grund

Get a can of silicone spray lubricant, preferably on which comes with a thin plastic tube which can be stuck into the spray cap hole. Try squirting a few quick puffs in various directions at any visible hinges and through the holes in the frame that the curved counterbalance arms (if any) go through.

IME the squeeks are usually from the counterbalance spring loops rubbing on whatever they are hooked over.

Anyway, silicone is inert and won't damage anything it gets sprayed onto.

HTH

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

squeaks

Hi,

Carefull of anything you use....don't need any ignition from the oven heat!!

Replacing the hinge(s) may be the best repair. I have used a little Sil-Glyde Lubricant from time to time as it can handle up to 400=BAF.

super film strength, long lasting, clear lubricating compound. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi, Try a spray which is based on Teflon. I think Liquid wrench has Teflon. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Powdered graphite (often sold to lubricate locks) would work well. It comes in little tubes and you "puff" it where you want it. Make sure you get the powdered form, it also comes mixed into an oily liquid but it not suitable for high temperatures in that form.

Graphite is used for high temperature bearings so it can handle the heat of the oven.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin