double oven troubles

My missus wants a new oven, and really wants a Pyroclean one which is fare enough as cleaning ovens must be one of the shitest jobs around the house. We currently have a fitted under the worktop double oven which measures 715mm by 600mm, my missus wanted a double oven but never actually uses it which is typical. Now the problem, you can't get pyroclean double ovens that fit under worktops you can get tower double oven with pyroclean but only singles that'll fit underneath a worktop. No problem thinks I only want a single oven anyway, trouble is our oven cavity is 715mm by 600mm and single ovens are 595mm by

595mm so even allowing for a bit of a gap for air circulation I'm still going to be left with a gap of around 110mm, so has anyone got any clever ideas with what to fill the gap with without it looking s**te?

And has anyone got any knowledge of pyroclean ovens are they worth it? We're looking at a Siemens as we've got a Siemens fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer and have always found their products to be very good.

Reply to
fancyabrew

Pyroclean is great. I've only used De Dietrichs, but all the muck is reduced to a spoonful of grey powder which can be hoovered.

The gap is usually filled by a filler piece designed for the job. If the kitchen design is still made you'll be able to buy it. If the kitchen is discontinued, you could get a piece of timber wrapped in steel to the right size - wouldn't cost much and would be fine if you get a steel oven.

De Dietrich did a built under double (DOE150 -

I think has pyroclean. I know somewhere that has some end of line stock available at a bargain price...

Andrew

Reply to
auctions

thanks for that, what sort of bargin price are we talking?

snipped-for-privacy@sheld> > My missus wants a new oven, and really wants a Pyroclean one which is

which I think has pyroclean. I know somewhere that has some end of line

Reply to
fancyabrew

I'd have to give them a ring. I'm guessing about =A3200 ish, but I could be way off. Email me if you're interested. I'd also need to check it definitely is self cleaning as info online is very limited.

auctions

Further investigation online shows it's not pyroclean after all - sorry.

Others are available though, eg

auctions

Is that the same porous enamel system everyone else uses? If it is I wouldn't bother, unless you burn it off regularly, and don't have 'helpful' relatives who try to clean your over with chemical cleaners, loading the enamels pores with chemical, which ruins them....

Badger, formerly a cooker service engineer, who has proper sealed enamel linings in his oven.

Reply to
badger.badger

Pyroclean is a system that heats the oven to about 500C and holds it there for a while, incinerating all the cr*p stuck to the oven.

We have it, it is great, stick it on, then when it is done (and cooled!) sweep out the ash!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

no worries, I'll have to stick with the single oven plans and cobble something together for the gap!

snipped-for-privacy@sheld> > fancyabrew wrote:

Reply to
fancyabrew