Sub-Floor Material: Sheeting vs. Sturd-I-Floor

I bought 2 4x8 GP 23/32" RTD Sheeting to replace some 23/32" GP Sturd-I-Floor panels I needed to replace. I had to cut the grooves out to get the original panels out.

I'm thinking I made a mistake buying the sheeting vs. Sturd-I-Floor panels. Are they equivalent except for tongue-and-groove? Or should I go get some Sturd-I-Floor?

Along these lines since I had to cut off the tong and it is stuck in the grooved of the old, should I leave 1/8" gap between old and new to allow for expansion and cut down on any squeaks? Perhaps lay down some type of caulk between old and new panels?

Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
mikeorb